FNP-45 Tactical With Osprey Suppressor
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > FNP-45 Tactical With Osprey Suppressor

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-25-2011, 06:37 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

Default FNP-45 Tactical With Osprey Suppressor

FN Herstal developed this tactical handgun for the US military’s Joint Combat Pistol Program, and it immediately became the SnoMan’s favorite. This one is LOADED (isn’t that punny?) with raised night sights, a holographic red-dot sight, a flashlight/laser, and the Osprey silencer by Silencerco. It’s an excellent concealed-carry handgun — if you’re at least 9 feet tall.

Here’s a quick look at the FNP 45 Tactical:

• Has a threaded barrel, plus it’s longer than the regular FNP 45, to accommodate your favorite sound suppressor
  • Comes with three 15-round magazines — the regular gun comes with one 15-round and two 14-round magazines
  • Available only in Flat Dark Earth
  • Raised Trijicon night sights are included
  • Two red-dot sight mounting adapters are included
  • Four removable backstraps are included — you’ll find one just right for your hand size
  • Too big for concealed carry, but who cares?
  • All operational functions are ambidextrous
  • Double-action/single-action trigger
  • Recoil is reminiscent of a light 9mm
  • Base Street Price: About $1000.00
  • Price as tested: $2500-$3500 depending on your choice of accessories
The Osprey silencer is as good as they get. I shoot this gun without ear protection all day long, and if you put water in it, it sounds like an air gun. At 11 ounces, it balances very nicely on the gun. The FNP’s felt recoil is already ridiculously low, but with the Osprey it nearly vanishes.

We did not do a rigorous accuracy test, but bench-rest 1-inch 5-shot groups at 25 yards are easy. Grip angle makes aiming easy and natural, and when you add the laser and/or the holo sight, target acquisition is as rapid as with any tactical handgun available.

Materials, design, and build are flawless. And who can say no to .45 caliber?

Watch our video:

And for a comparison with and without the silencer, watch:

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-25-2011, 07:41 PM   #2

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Very nicely done, a bit pricey for my taste but, a nice firearm nevertheless. Thanks for sharing

Rigjumpr
Texas CHL Instructor, NRA Handgun Instructor,
Owner Operator- DefenderTX Concealed Handgun training
“American by birth Texan by the grace of God”
“Molon labe”
http://www.ebay.com/itm/151001455519?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p39 84.m1555.l2649

Old 08-25-2011, 08:22 PM   #3

Liked 27 Times on 21 Posts

Very nice set up there. I have always liked them SA/DA triggers on them FNP-45's and it's a fairly well balanced gun for it's size, including the added suppressor.

I do like them Osprey suppressors.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter." - Hemingway

“The greatest ignorance is to reject something you know nothing about.”

Last edited by IGETEVEN; 08-26-2011 at 03:43 AM. Reason: forgot liked....

Old 08-25-2011, 09:43 PM   #4
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5510 Times on 2877 Posts
Likes Given: 358

going to rent a fnp 45 this weekend to try. been thinking about a similar setup but more likely ill just get a threaded barrel for my p220.

my chief gripe about the fn is all that ambi stuff and extended safety and releases.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 08-26-2011, 06:04 AM   #5

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM
going to rent a fnp 45 this weekend to try. been thinking about a similar setup but more likely ill just get a threaded barrel for my p220.

my chief gripe about the fn is all that ambi stuff and extended safety and releases.
Sounds fun, I think I'd like it on a sig better as well.

Old 08-26-2011, 06:15 AM   #6

Likes Given: 4

I liked the test of the FNP-45 in Handgunner last month that I even got my wife to enter the drawing. That is a sweet, sweet piece!

Old 08-26-2011, 01:40 PM   #7

I really want to get a set-up like this...right after I have surgery to give me much bigger hands. I shot the FNP-45 at my range and it really was crazy difficult for a lil guy like me to maintain control on anything that resembled a follow-up shot. Great gun. Accurate. It should come with an asterisk or a sign that says "Must be this tall to ride."

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friend, is about the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it."

Dr. Adrian Rogers, 1931 – 2005

Old 08-26-2011, 05:17 PM   #8

Liked 225 Times on 176 Posts
Likes Given: 228

Very nice looking gun. Now you made me want one.

I'm gonna stop you right there, you just said an AR-15 is a high-powered rifle. It is obvious you don't know anything about guns and I shall ignore anything you say from this point on.

Old 09-10-2011, 11:11 AM   #9

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 2

I just watched the vid good job