Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Fnp .45

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-27-2012, 12:31 AM   #1
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 224 Times on 124 Posts
Likes Given: 436

Default Fnp .45

Ok all, I have been wanting one of these for a long time, and today was the day! Picked up a bi-tone fnp .45! The picture below is not mine, but is the same model. Took it to the range today and put about 150 rounds through it. I had no failure or alfunction, no jams or anything. But did enjoy shooting this polymer framed .45!

A few questions though, I got three 15 round mags with mine, but I thought that it was supposed to come with one 15 and two 14 round mags. Not that I am complaining, but just wondering why. Also mine has tritium night sights on it. Is this a differant model than the regular FNP?

fnp.jpg  

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
--George Washington

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 06-28-2012, 08:58 PM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

So in regards to my above question as to what model of FNP I just got. I called FN today, and for starters the guy in the phone, sounded annoyed with my call. And he tried very little or at all to answer my question! I could not belive it! I heard only good things from them, but I guess everyone has a bad day. Anyway I told him that it was a FNP .45 with night sights and it came with three 15 round mags.

He said that he thought FN did not put night sights on at the factory, and that to his knowledge no FNP's came with three 15 round mags.

So now I am at an inpass. I am still super excited that I finally got a FNP .45, but I am still out of the loop as to what model it exactly is. I dont know why it bugs me but it does. The gun shoots great, and I cleaned yesterday for the first time after the range trip.

It was very easy to clean and take apart. I plan on going back to the range again soon and doing a range report, so be on the look out!

But if anyone can help me figure out which model it is that would be great! I have looked on youtube and search engines to no luck. Thanks

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
--George Washington

Old 06-28-2012, 09:26 PM   #3

Liked 127 Times on 96 Posts
Likes Given: 13

Factory box usually has pertinent info such as model and serial nos.

I could make a list of a bunch of guns i have, or "have", or wish I had. Why would one feel compelled to provide that infornation freely? Do you feel the need to show off? Is it some immature game of oneupsmanship?

Why do you feel it necessary to list your guns?

Old 06-28-2012, 11:56 PM   #4

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

The three mags that I got was 15 rounds but no night sights. In fact it was hard to find night sights for my FNP45. Warning though, the early 15 round mags had a design defect and would not feed properly. The factory replaced my mags at no cost.

Old 06-29-2012, 12:16 AM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Ok thank you for the info. I only have taken the gun out once and havent had a issue. But I will keep it in my mind. The gun is new, so it should all be from the factory. So how do you like your FNP?

--George Washington

Old 06-29-2012, 12:39 AM   #6
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 38 Times on 26 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Mine came with one 15 rounder & one 14. If you'd like 14 rounders, just feed 14 rounds into it and wala.....

I love my FNP 45.

Old 06-29-2012, 12:49 AM   #7

Liked 41 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by colmustard
So in regards to my above question as to what model of FNP I just got. I called FN today, and for starters the guy in the phone, sounded annoyed with my call. And he tried very little or at all to answer my question! I could not belive it! I heard only good things from them, but I guess everyone has a bad day. Anyway I told him that it was a FNP .45 with night sights and it came with three 15 round mags.

He said that he thought FN did not put night sights on at the factory, and that to his knowledge no FNP's came with three 15 round mags.

So now I am at an inpass. I am still super excited that I finally got a FNP .45, but I am still out of the loop as to what model it exactly is. I dont know why it bugs me but it does. The gun shoots great, and I cleaned yesterday for the first time after the range trip.

It was very easy to clean and take apart. I plan on going back to the range again soon and doing a range report, so be on the look out!

But if anyone can help me figure out which model it is that would be great! I have looked on youtube and search engines to no luck. Thanks
That dude is a jerk, don't hesitate to tell him so next time.

Old 06-30-2012, 12:51 AM   #8

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I have enjoyed my FNP45 and it has been dead on for me.

Old 07-02-2012, 04:27 AM   #9

My FNP45 also came with 3 15 round mags and night sights. I've asked around and no one could tell me why there where no 14 round mags. I really don't care. I'll take 15 round mags. If you go to FNH Web sight and you'll see that the 14 round mags is discontinued. Other than that, love the firearm. Shoots great.

Old 07-03-2012, 04:51 PM   #10
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Ok I found out some info on this gun, for those who may be interested. When I typed the model number into a search engine, the one with night sights came up. So the conclussion is that it is a speciffic model that came from the factory with the night sights!

As far as the thre 15 rounders go, I assume it is becasue they stopped making the 14 round mags.

I am glad I figured this out, because it was bugging me. Hope this helps anyone else.

Now I can just enjoy my new purchase!

--George Washington