Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Semi-Auto Handguns (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f15/)
-   -   Fnp 40 (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f15/fnp-40-a-36312/)

slipy120 01-02-2011 02:55 AM

Fnp 40

I am interested in purchasing a FNP 40. I have handled one but never fired one. Anyone used/owned one and what are your opinions?

WDB 01-02-2011 04:16 AM

I own one and it is a fine pistol. All the same you need to put some rounds down range to see if it works for you. Hard not to like the pistol, great grip with exchangable back straps to fit the hand, great sight picture and mine came with three high capacity stainless steel mags. The FNP was my first polly frame purchase for carry. I now carry a S&W M&P 45 and sort of miss the hammer but not the snap of a .40. All the same I haven't sold my FNP 40 simply because it is a quality pistol and one I carry from time to time .

slipy120 01-02-2011 04:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WDB (Post 413257)
I own one and it is a fine pistol. All the same you need to put some rounds down range to see if it works for you. Hard not to like the pistol, great grip with exchangable back straps to fit the hand, great sight picture and mine came with three high capacity stainless steel mags. The FNP was my first polly frame purchase for carry. I now carry a S&W M&P 45 and sort of miss the hammer but not the snap of a .40. All the same I haven't sold my FNP 40 simply because it is a quality pistol and one I carry from time to time .

Thanks for the feedback. Think were gonna seal the deal Monday.

willfully armed 01-02-2011 04:56 AM

I got one for my brother...traded his 270 for it.

Sloppy slide to frame, sloppy barrel lock up, didn't like the weight, slide only locked with one of the three mags.

This was all found before I even shot it.

After shooting it, I liked how little recoil there was, it was exceptionally accurate despite all the slop. Still only locked on one of three mags.

I wouldn't own one, but would be a good starter gun.

slipy120 01-02-2011 05:15 AM

I have heard of people having a problem with the takedown lever gouging the slide under the "P" in FNP. Have you had any expierience with this issue?

WDB 01-03-2011 07:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slipy120 (Post 413299)
I have heard of people having a problem with the takedown lever gouging the slide under the "P" in FNP. Have you had any expierience with this issue?

Nope, the take down releife is far in front of the lettering. I can't imagine how it would happen.

DrumJunkie 01-04-2011 02:53 AM

I have a Browning Pro 40 that I've had for a few years now. They're pretty much the same pistol. The Pro 40 was originally sold in the US while the FNP was elsewhere. For some reason the Browning if you can find one is a bit more expensive these days. Maybe it's the idea that you don't see many. Anyway it's the only poly frame pistol I own and I really like shooting it.

I think you will be very happy with the way the FNP shoots.

slipy120 01-04-2011 06:31 PM

Thanks everybody for the input. If I decide to go this route I will post a picture for all to see.