FNG has FNP-357sig. questions - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > FNG has FNP-357sig. questions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-14-2011, 06:56 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 27 Times on 21 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by robocop10mm View Post
I feel the 9mm is perfectly adequate band much easier on your hands/wrists. Practice with 115 gr FMJ's (inexpensive) and carry 124+P Gold Dots or 127+P+ SXT's. You get the same performance of the Sig round, more capacity and much cheaper ammo.
Indeed + 1

It will be hard to beat the all around advantages and feeding bill of a 9mm, as Robo mentioned. 2nd choice would be a .40, a little bit bigger round and snappier, but it still has all the same great advantages as the 9mm.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter." - Hemingway

“The greatest ignorance is to reject something you know nothing about.”

Old 02-15-2011, 04:45 AM   #12
WDB

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by IGETEVEN View Post
Indeed + 1

It will be hard to beat the all around advantages and feeding bill of a 9mm, as Robo mentioned. 2nd choice would be a .40, a little bit bigger round and snappier, but it still has all the same great advantages as the 9mm.
What they said +2
FNH makes a fine pistol and 9mm would be best for you. I have a FNP-40, it has a snap to it. Try and keep your caliber to what is easy to find. The 357 sig is a good round but as mentioned expensive and often hard to find. Good for someone that owns several pistols and isn't concerned with the availability of ammo.

Let us know what you decide to buy.

Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~ Thomas Jefferson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benning Boy View Post
If you're really bored, I'm your huckleberry. If you really want a challenge, I'm the one.

If you're really smart, you'll just peddle your paint.

Old 02-16-2011, 08:17 AM   #13

Default Traded the "Chief" off yesterday...

Thanks for the input on the 357 Sig . I went in yesterday and a guy was paying for the FNH 357 Sig . Took care of that Idea ...
The owner had a case load of 40's,380's and 45's .
Anyway I looked at several 9's (mostly Glocks) and settled on a CZ 75 P-07
4" barrel with less than 20 rounds ran through it . It doesn't even look as if it's been out of the case .
The owner gave me $400.00 (Book Value) for the Chief leaving me just over $140.00 after taxes . Got the case/cleaning kit/lock/extra safety assy. and 2 16 round clips to boot , but no owners manual .
My nieghbor gave me 200 rounds of 115gr. fmj's . The shop owner said it would need about that many rounds to break it in . He was telling me the CZ was a bit more stable in the design of the slide .
It fits my hands great , well balanced and tight as a drum .
I'm not crazy about the plastic sights or safety though . Haven't had a chance to fire it yet . Hope to take the CCW course around May or June .
until then It'll be my other riding companion in the Tahoe . Missouri is an "Open Carry" state but counties have different views on that . So I guess it's more accepted to have a CCW permit .
I read the post about the CZ that's on page two of this forum . It looks as if
they have alot of fans .
Thanks for all the input !
Steve

Old 02-16-2011, 08:39 AM   #14

I doubt you'll be the least bit disappointed with the CZ or the cartridge, congratulations.

Everything you ever wanted, and some things you might not have wanted, to know about CZ's at
http://www.czforum.com/index.php?board=45.0

"People live too long, dogs don't live long enough" - FTF Member-

Old 02-17-2011, 06:39 AM   #15

Default Cz-75 p-07

Thanks for the link JC . I'll be checking that out . It's supposed to be near 70 but real windy this weekend so I'll see about cracking off a few rounds .
Too damn muddy after the snow and ice melt off to do any Tractor work .
I have an old Homestead foundation I need to break up and make disappear . The house is long gone and if we do stay here that area will be my new 30' x 40' shop .
Steve