FN FiveseveN
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > FN FiveseveN

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-18-2012, 04:23 PM   #1
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 54 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 12

Default FN FiveseveN

I recently had an opportunity to trade one of my 44 Magnums (a 629-6 S&W TALO) for a brand new FN 5.7. I really had to think it over... but the stigma attached to the FN 57was just too hard to resist. The Brady Bunch really hates this pistol and has attempted to get it and the ammo banned for over a decade. Those dog-twats did manage to get the armor piercing rounds banned. That's OK, I really don't have a need for it anyway. As the pistol goes, it's SWEET! Thus far... I've only played with it learning all the do's & don'ts and how to take care of it. This is a very simple gun to take apart, clean, and re-assemble.

The ammo can be pricey, ranging typically from 24.95 to over 35 dollars. At one gun shop, a box of SS192 was $59.95!!!! Yes, I bought one box. Plus 5 boxes of SS197SR for 24.95 each. I can live with that.

Ammo has been in short supply here lately, so I have been stocking up at every opportunity.

All in all, I think I made a good trade.
Attachment 59410

fn-fiveseven.jpg  

Last edited by Mark F; 09-18-2012 at 11:32 PM.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 09-18-2012, 04:41 PM   #2

Liked 144 Times on 99 Posts

Those things are sweet!! My buddy has one I love it. You don't really need the foregrip on it, recoil is surprisingly light. Enjoy!

Old 09-18-2012, 05:07 PM   #3

Liked 334 Times on 203 Posts
Likes Given: 260

I have a friend that has one and I've put maybe 100 rounds down range with it. I still can't group very well with it, but it is a fun shooter. I find the grip a bit awkward, but I am sure with some time I could make it group very well.

Old 09-18-2012, 05:08 PM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

The fore-grip was actually intended for full-auto mode. It isn't full auto, and it will never be as long as I own it. However, I did get a laser (shown to the right of the fore grip) with it. I may try the laser though...

Yeah, recoil is nothing especially considering all my other pistols are hand-cannons.

I really can't wait to fire this little animal!

Old 09-18-2012, 10:02 PM   #5

Liked 48 Times on 38 Posts

........................................ ..........................................

With that out of the way, I think its a pretty cool little pistol and had thought about getting one as well.

Last edited by GunRunner; 09-19-2012 at 06:12 AM.

Old 09-18-2012, 10:29 PM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by GunRunner View Post
I'm no firearm expert but I wanna say that I think it is illegal to attach a foregrip to a pistol without the proper paperwork. I think it falls into the same category as putting a butstock on an AR pistol. I know its your pistol and you should be able to do what you wanna but the law doesn't agree....

With that out of the way, I think its a pretty cool little pistol and had thought about getting one as well.
You could be right about that... However, it's of no consequence to me as I will use the rail for my laser instead of the foregrip. All things considered, it really is a well made pistol IN-SPITE the fact it's a plastic (my bad, polymer) gun. For years I have avoided firearms made of re-cycled soda bottles & toilet paper packages. I guess it's part of the New World Order... we'll be eating Soyent Green next...

Old 09-18-2012, 10:46 PM   #7
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 2989 Times on 1557 Posts
Likes Given: 277

The pistol grip forend was first addressed with the HK SP89. The Semi-auto version of the HK MP5K. I believe ATF has ruled it becomes an SBR.

I would delete the pic and start anew. Don't need any Feds knocking on the door with a print out of the pic. That never ends well.

In life, strive to take the high road....It offers a better field of fire.
"Robo is right" Fuzzball

Old 09-18-2012, 11:35 PM   #8
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by robocop10mm View Post
The pistol grip forend was first addressed with the HK SP89. The Semi-auto version of the HK MP5K. I believe ATF has ruled it becomes an SBR.

I would delete the pic and start anew. Don't need any Feds knocking on the door with a print out of the pic. That never ends well.
What foregrip?

Old 09-18-2012, 11:47 PM   #9

Liked 225 Times on 176 Posts
Likes Given: 228

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark F

What foregrip?
image-289325601.jpg  

I'm gonna stop you right there, you just said an AR-15 is a high-powered rifle. It is obvious you don't know anything about guns and I shall ignore anything you say from this point on.

Old 09-19-2012, 06:13 AM   #10

Liked 48 Times on 38 Posts

Who mentioned a foregrip? What does that have to do with such a sweet pistol?.......................