Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Semi-Auto Handguns (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f15/)
-   -   FN FiveseveN (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f15/fn-fiveseven-72687/)

Mark F 09-18-2012 03:23 PM

FN FiveseveN

1 Attachment(s)
I recently had an opportunity to trade one of my 44 Magnums (a 629-6 S&W TALO) for a brand new FN 5.7. I really had to think it over... but the stigma attached to the FN 57was just too hard to resist. The Brady Bunch really hates this pistol and has attempted to get it and the ammo banned for over a decade. Those dog-twats did manage to get the armor piercing rounds banned. That's OK, I really don't have a need for it anyway. As the pistol goes, it's SWEET! Thus far... I've only played with it learning all the do's & don'ts and how to take care of it. This is a very simple gun to take apart, clean, and re-assemble.

The ammo can be pricey, ranging typically from 24.95 to over 35 dollars. At one gun shop, a box of SS192 was $59.95!!!! Yes, I bought one box. Plus 5 boxes of SS197SR for 24.95 each. I can live with that.

Ammo has been in short supply here lately, so I have been stocking up at every opportunity.

All in all, I think I made a good trade.
Attachment 59410

GaryGlock 09-18-2012 03:41 PM

Those things are sweet!! My buddy has one I love it. You don't really need the foregrip on it, recoil is surprisingly light. Enjoy!

JD1969 09-18-2012 04:07 PM

I have a friend that has one and I've put maybe 100 rounds down range with it. I still can't group very well with it, but it is a fun shooter. I find the grip a bit awkward, but I am sure with some time I could make it group very well.

Mark F 09-18-2012 04:08 PM

The fore-grip was actually intended for full-auto mode. It isn't full auto, and it will never be as long as I own it. However, I did get a laser (shown to the right of the fore grip) with it. I may try the laser though...

Yeah, recoil is nothing especially considering all my other pistols are hand-cannons.

I really can't wait to fire this little animal!

GunRunner 09-18-2012 09:02 PM

........................................ ..........................................

With that out of the way, I think its a pretty cool little pistol and had thought about getting one as well.

Mark F 09-18-2012 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GunRunner (Post 945851)
I'm no firearm expert but I wanna say that I think it is illegal to attach a foregrip to a pistol without the proper paperwork. I think it falls into the same category as putting a butstock on an AR pistol. I know its your pistol and you should be able to do what you wanna but the law doesn't agree....

With that out of the way, I think its a pretty cool little pistol and had thought about getting one as well.

You could be right about that... However, it's of no consequence to me as I will use the rail for my laser instead of the foregrip. All things considered, it really is a well made pistol IN-SPITE the fact it's a plastic (my bad, polymer) gun. For years I have avoided firearms made of re-cycled soda bottles & toilet paper packages. I guess it's part of the New World Order... we'll be eating Soyent Green next...

robocop10mm 09-18-2012 09:46 PM

The pistol grip forend was first addressed with the HK SP89. The Semi-auto version of the HK MP5K. I believe ATF has ruled it becomes an SBR.

I would delete the pic and start anew. Don't need any Feds knocking on the door with a print out of the pic. That never ends well.

Mark F 09-18-2012 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by robocop10mm (Post 945893)
The pistol grip forend was first addressed with the HK SP89. The Semi-auto version of the HK MP5K. I believe ATF has ruled it becomes an SBR.

I would delete the pic and start anew. Don't need any Feds knocking on the door with a print out of the pic. That never ends well.

What foregrip?

Garadex 09-18-2012 10:47 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark F

What foregrip?

GunRunner 09-19-2012 05:13 AM

Who mentioned a foregrip? What does that have to do with such a sweet pistol?.......................