Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > FN Five-seveN stays on target

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-11-2010, 01:55 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default FN Five-seveN stays on target

After shooting 9mm's for a couple of months, a buddy came along to the range and asked me to bring the FN Five-seveN. I always enjoyed shooting it, why not?

One thing became very apparent. The FN Five-seveN stays where it is pointed, and the recoil does not make the barrel rise. It is almost eerie how different it feels after shooting many other makes, that share about the same amount of barrel rise after a shot.

Does it make me more accurate? Not really. It still looks like buckshot on the target. The holes are smaller, so they look farther apart

For outright accuracy, I can shoot my P229 better, but the latest addition XDm 9 4.5 is gaining quickly.

My range only allows one shot per second, but I sure would like to see the difference in double-taps...

Last edited by IXLR8; 12-11-2010 at 01:59 AM.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-11-2010, 06:12 AM   #2

Liked 18 Times on 12 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Genitron.com: Details for FN Five-seveN USG 5.7x28mm FN Pistol

This website says that the FN Five seveN has a recoil factor of 1.869 ft-lbs of force. Some real numbers to put to a guns amount of recoil.

"The Marines I have seen around the world have, the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps." Eleanor Roosevelt, 1945

Old 12-11-2010, 09:08 PM   #3

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 1

The Genitron gun database in the previous post is pretty awesome. I have never seen it before. I compared the FN to a number of pistols, and did not find any with as low of a recoil force.

Maybe I will have to shoot it more often. The ammo is reeally not that much more expensive.

Old 12-12-2010, 04:01 AM   #4

Liked 16 Times on 12 Posts
Likes Given: 2

One of the next buys I need to make is a dedicated lower for my 5.7 upper. I've only shot it a few times but each time I've barely noticed any recoil.

"This is not about land or money...but the one thing that no man should never be able to take from another man: the freedom to make his own choices about his life, where he'll live, how he'll live, how he'll raise his family. "

William Travis, The Alamo: 13 Days to Glory