FN Five-seveN s 5.7x28mm - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > FN Five-seveN s 5.7x28mm

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-19-2010, 08:19 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 1

If the Five-seveN is a bit expensive for your taste, there's also the Kel Tec PMR-30. Handgun-specific loadings of .22 magnum get pretty darn close to the 5.7mm round, and are hella (I believe that's the scientific term) cheaper.

Ruger Mk III Competition .22 LR, S&W M&P Pro Series 9mm

Old 10-21-2010, 11:48 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overkill0084 View Post
It's an intriguing cartridge. I would like to see it gain more acceptance before I jump onboard. Is it going to be a mainstream cartridge or will it be a mere curiosity in a few years?
the cartridge already has a big acceptance - that is in the LEO's with the fullly automatic PS90
the cartridge does give up a lot of velocity out of the handgun - it was designed for the PS90 type weapons

Attitude is Everything

Old 10-22-2010, 03:03 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by hideit View Post
the cartridge already has a big acceptance - that is in the LEO's with the fullly automatic PS90
the cartridge does give up a lot of velocity out of the handgun - it was designed for the PS90 type weapons
I am pretty sure Overkill0084 was referring to the round being more accepted in the civilian market. There are many benefits that LEOs get from the 5.7 round that civilians don't get and can't get.

Old 10-22-2010, 03:04 AM   #24

Default FN Five-SeveN

I've decided to buy one this Saturday. FNH is having a promotion this weekend at my local gun store, Cheaper Than Dirt. A two hundred dollar mail-in-rebate is the main attraction, plus they're supposed to be handing out a lot of goodies, like holsters and extra mags.

I've handled the gun a few times at the gun store and I personally like the way it feels in my hands. I broke it down when I was there last and it's really simple to take down and put back together. I like the ambi-safety which is located toward the front and can be operated with the forefinger rather than the thumb. I just like the ergonomics of that arrangement.

Can't wait to get my hands on it and hope to give a range report before the weekend is over.

Old 10-22-2010, 03:06 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardH View Post
I've decided to buy one this Saturday. FNH is having a promotion this weekend at my local gun store, Cheaper Than Dirt. A two hundred dollar mail-in-rebate is the main attraction, plus they're supposed to be handing out a lot of goodies, like holsters and extra mags.

I've handled the gun a few times at the gun store and I personally like the way it feels in my hands. I broke it down when I was there last and it's really simple to take down and put back together. I like the ambi-safety which is located toward the front and can be operated with the forefinger rather than the thumb. I just like the ergonomics of that arrangement.

Can't wait to get my hands on it and hope to give a range report before the weekend is over.
I doubt it will disappoint. Hopefully you get it for a good price with that rebate.