Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > FN Five-seveN s 5.7x28mm

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-12-2010, 04:15 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default FN Five-seveN s 5.7x28mm

I know there are other threads on this subject; but does anyone have one? I want to get get because its mostly polymer, and uses a high velocity round. I have been wanting to try this gun for awhile, but no one has anything at a range I can try out, not in the county I'm in. Excluding the price for now.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 10-12-2010, 04:23 AM   #2

I do not own one but I have shot one. Very nice shooting. Very low recoil. Definatly less than a 9mm recoil. Extremely accurate and high cap mags. Very nice gun, with a very nice price tag. If you have the money go for it.

Nut up or Shut up!

Old 10-12-2010, 04:29 AM   #3

Liked 11 Times on 10 Posts

Fires like a dream and the round come screaming out.

DON'T BUY DELL!!!!!

BEWARE!!! The toes you step on today may be connected to the ass you kiss tomorrow.

PM Tango about his upcoming SHARTFOO courses.

Old 10-12-2010, 05:06 AM   #4

Liked 32 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 45

My shooting partner has one and it is fun to shoot. Kills like the Hand of God, too.

SAF-Life
PEIAPOI

"Obama has ordered the launching of more Tomahawk cruise missiles than All the other Nobel Peace Prize winners combined."

Old 10-12-2010, 12:04 PM   #5

I have put a few hundred rounds through one. As stated above, it shoots well and is fun, but to me it's a niche type weapon.

If you have the need to penetrate body armor with a handgun it's great for that purpose. That purpose was the major factor in creating the round and the weapon.

Or if you have the money and just want one, that's a good enough reason also. God knows I have some "impractical" firearms...

"People live too long, dogs don't live long enough" - FTF Member-

Old 10-12-2010, 01:57 PM   #6

Fortunately, around here there is a store that has a lot of this ammo, and it's rarely if ever sold, which isn't always good. I asked the store owners if they had more in the back, and indeed they do. The ammo is expensive, and so is the price tag for one. I don't own a "just for fun gun" or useless caliber yet, but this is something that caught my eye, typically a "want one" mentality.

Old 10-12-2010, 07:28 PM   #7

They do seem like a "Niche Gun" to me as well. Same way I look at a Judge. They have a purpose but not everyone had a need for them. I wouldn't own one myself but they do have a place in the market.

Old 10-13-2010, 07:18 PM   #8
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2579 Times on 1291 Posts
Likes Given: 246

It's an intriguing cartridge. I would like to see it gain more acceptance before I jump onboard. Is it going to be a mainstream cartridge or will it be a mere curiosity in a few years?

NRA Life Member

"If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in 5 years there'd be a shortage of sand."
Milton Friedman

Old 10-13-2010, 07:35 PM   #9

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I've said it before and I'll say it again... Seems to me that if any major gun manufacturer produced a smaller, more concealable variation on the FN Herstal Five-seveN... say, like 14 rds. instead of 20... and smaller all-around... THAT gun could cause shock-waves in the Concealed Carry market. C'mon... 14 rds. of low-recoil proven man-stopping power in a small light compact-carry gun... It'd sell like hot-cakes!

"If the Earth were made of gold, I guess men would kill for a handful of dirt." - Gary Cooper's last line in the movie THE GARDEN OF EVIL

Old 10-13-2010, 10:17 PM   #10
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 223 Times on 180 Posts
Likes Given: 28

The only complaint I've ever heard about this gun is that some folks claim they simply can't afford to shoot it much. Ammo typically runs 40-60 cents/round. Ammo supplies are plentiful online though.

Very good reviews from the owners otherwise. It has limited uses in an urban environment, but if you lived on a ranch or something it'd make a heck of a varminting pistol.