Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Semi-Auto Handguns (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f15/)
-   -   FN Five-seveN s 5.7x28mm (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f15/fn-five-seven-s-5-7x28mm-32939/)

Nake48 10-12-2010 04:15 AM

FN Five-seveN s 5.7x28mm

I know there are other threads on this subject; but does anyone have one? I want to get get because its mostly polymer, and uses a high velocity round. I have been wanting to try this gun for awhile, but no one has anything at a range I can try out, not in the county I'm in. Excluding the price for now.

User Name 10-12-2010 04:23 AM

I do not own one but I have shot one. Very nice shooting. Very low recoil. Definatly less than a 9mm recoil. Extremely accurate and high cap mags. Very nice gun, with a very nice price tag. If you have the money go for it.

doctherock 10-12-2010 04:29 AM

Fires like a dream and the round come screaming out.

M14sRock 10-12-2010 05:06 AM

My shooting partner has one and it is fun to shoot. Kills like the Hand of God, too.

jeepcreep927 10-12-2010 12:04 PM

I have put a few hundred rounds through one. As stated above, it shoots well and is fun, but to me it's a niche type weapon.

If you have the need to penetrate body armor with a handgun it's great for that purpose. That purpose was the major factor in creating the round and the weapon.

Or if you have the money and just want one, that's a good enough reason also. God knows I have some "impractical" firearms...

Nake48 10-12-2010 01:57 PM

Fortunately, around here there is a store that has a lot of this ammo, and it's rarely if ever sold, which isn't always good. I asked the store owners if they had more in the back, and indeed they do. The ammo is expensive, and so is the price tag for one. I don't own a "just for fun gun" or useless caliber yet, but this is something that caught my eye, typically a "want one" mentality.

ElvisIsDead 10-12-2010 07:28 PM

They do seem like a "Niche Gun" to me as well. Same way I look at a Judge. They have a purpose but not everyone had a need for them. I wouldn't own one myself but they do have a place in the market.

Overkill0084 10-13-2010 07:18 PM

It's an intriguing cartridge. I would like to see it gain more acceptance before I jump onboard. Is it going to be a mainstream cartridge or will it be a mere curiosity in a few years?

Alchemist 10-13-2010 07:35 PM

I've said it before and I'll say it again... Seems to me that if any major gun manufacturer produced a smaller, more concealable variation on the FN Herstal Five-seveN... say, like 14 rds. instead of 20... and smaller all-around... THAT gun could cause shock-waves in the Concealed Carry market. C'mon... 14 rds. of low-recoil proven man-stopping power in a small light compact-carry gun... It'd sell like hot-cakes!

sweeper22 10-13-2010 10:17 PM

The only complaint I've ever heard about this gun is that some folks claim they simply can't afford to shoot it much. Ammo typically runs 40-60 cents/round. Ammo supplies are plentiful online though.

Very good reviews from the owners otherwise. It has limited uses in an urban environment, but if you lived on a ranch or something it'd make a heck of a varminting pistol.