FN five seven
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > FN five seven

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-19-2012, 06:42 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default FN five seven

Anybody shot one? What's the recoil like in comparison to the conventional rounds? Also, do you think it's a legitimate self defense round?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-19-2012, 07:54 PM   #2

Very accurate up to 100 yards and never jams. The recoil is about the same or less as a 38 cal. I have 3- 12" iron skilets hanging at 100 yards and three at 50 and out of 21 rounds at 50 is 100%.
At 100 is 85%. That's using high performance 40 gr.Hornady V-Max ammo. That is the SS197 sporting cartridge which is $23.00 for a box of 50. The gun is very easy to strip and clean. I've never shot anyone with it yet, but the bullit is going so fast coming out of the barrel, I'd say it would knock you on your a$$. The mags hold 20 rds + 1. CCW ? You bet.

005.jpg  

Gone to Nepal for the summer, be back in Sept. No computer service there. Be good

Old 03-20-2012, 04:17 PM   #3

I was looking at getting this gun but I found that the ammo was too expensive for plinking. I rented one from my lgs and I had 2 jams out of 50... Put in the gun's defense it might have been dirty. I also didnt like that they won't release the ammo reload info... But other then that I think its a solid gun

Old 03-20-2012, 07:54 PM   #4

Liked 54 Times on 43 Posts

I had one and sold it. It is a light gun and the 20 rd mags are fun. It is a large gun and more difficult to conceal.

I decided to get rid of it because the ammo was so expensive and reloading, while possible, was very difficult. I also found different points of impact at 15 yards with different types of ammo.

The recoil was low but it was loud and there was a big muzzle flash.