Fn 5.7 - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Fn 5.7

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-24-2012, 02:26 AM   #11
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5949 Times on 3366 Posts
Likes Given: 5516

If anyone doubts the effectiveness of the 5.7, remember that the Fort Hood army doctor killed a lot of people very quickly with one.

Winston Churchill

Old 05-24-2012, 06:02 PM   #12
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 252 Times on 197 Posts
Likes Given: 112

Yeah, our tax dollars were used to train the SOB how to shoot. Wonder what they would do to him under Sharia Law ? Very frustrating !

Old 05-24-2012, 06:31 PM   #13
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 27 Times on 20 Posts

Penalty under Sharia??? Isn't that beheading? Oh yeah, infidels don't count
I'd be happy with a military firing squad! Seems like suitable justice.

Oops, that's political & religious all at once.

If I have to explain it, you probably won't understand it.

Old 05-24-2012, 06:53 PM   #14

Liked 35 Times on 31 Posts
Likes Given: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by locutus View Post
If anyone doubts the effectiveness of the 5.7, remember that the Fort Hood army doctor killed a lot of people very quickly with one.
Why is that attributed to the gun? That could have happened with a variety of pistols

Old 05-25-2012, 12:29 AM   #15

Liked 7 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by bartwatkins View Post
I watached a youtube video from Hickok45 and he completely demolished a concrete cinder block in like 4-5 shots with the polymer tipped bullet. That looked plenty good enough for a defensive round to me....
...especially if you happen to be attacked by cinder blocks!

Old 06-04-2012, 01:42 AM   #16

Liked 60 Times on 45 Posts
Likes Given: 57

OK, picked on up at an LGS on Friday. Took it out to the range Saturday. Put 150 rounds down the pipe - flawless, no feeding issues or misfires. My two boys enjoyed it as well. It has low enough recoil that my younger 12 year old son enjoys shooting it too. It is very accurate as well. No problems hitting milk jug filled w/water at 40 yards. Smaller targets too. The gun is very quality made and put together. Disassembly is almost instant, easy and quick to clean, as well. Overall, very impressed just need to find a cheaper outlet to get ammo from now.

Old 06-04-2012, 07:35 AM   #17
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 252 Times on 197 Posts
Likes Given: 112

With its 40 gr shell and capacity - can this be used in competition ? IPSC etc. ? Or is this a Tgt & varmit pistol ?

Last edited by Gonzilla; 06-04-2012 at 07:38 AM.

Old 06-04-2012, 08:38 AM   #18

5.7 seems like it would be a great caliber for the military heres why.its not your normal varmint caliber in fact it's actually a very unique caliber considering the fact that it can penetrate class III body armor when using the right ammo(not for the public) there's a reason they call it's the "cop killer" in Mexico because it penetrates like a rifle bullet instead of being round and flat like a pistol bullet and as far as ammo goes its pretty expensive

Old 06-04-2012, 12:32 PM   #19

Liked 54 Times on 43 Posts

I had one for a year and sold it. As I have posted before, the gun is light and the round has a great effective range and appears to produce an adequate wound to incapacitate.
On the bad front, the gun is large and difficult to conceal. The ammo is expensive. The point of impact is different for the lead free and heavier rounds. The ammo is more difficult to reload than most other rounds. The worst problem was the slide mounted safety. It would catch on the holster or clothes when drawing it out or bolstering it. Thus I was always checking to find if the safety was on or off. That was a huge pain and disqualified it, for me anyway, as a concealed carry or tactical weapon. Maybe a kydex holster would help with that.

Old 07-08-2012, 09:41 PM   #20

Liked 60 Times on 45 Posts
Likes Given: 57

Well, as stated earlier in this thread, I purchased one of these & have finally snapped some quick pics. Thought I would post them. The gun is a complete blast to shoot - very, very low recoil - very, very accurate - very, very reliable - very, very light. I love how the gun is designed to strip off the top round in the mag and push it straight/directly into the firing chamber. There is no feed ramp, round is pushed straight ahead and straight into the chamber. I doubt that there would ever be any type of jam or failure to feed. It has been flawless for me. On the downside, the ammo is quite expensive and hard to find too. But overall it has been a really fun pistol to shoot. I am looking to get a Blackhawk Serpa holster for it.

Here are my pics - sorry for crappy pics....