Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Semi-Auto Handguns (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f15/)
-   -   Fn 5.7 (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f15/fn-5-7-a-64915/)

TXHunter247 05-21-2012 08:36 PM

Fn 5.7

I am looking at buying one soon but don't know if it's worth the money. Any feedback about this pistol would really help. Thank you

lyodbraun 05-22-2012 06:05 PM

Nice gun but expensive to shoot IMO... if that's what ya want go for it I'd love to own one...

LuckyPunk44 05-22-2012 06:12 PM

You could get a vintage S&W or Colt for that kind of dough. Maybe even some class three toys. Too much for a small caliber polymer gun.

shipwreck 05-22-2012 06:14 PM

I have two PS90 carbines - and I previously owned a Five Seven back in 2008. It is a nice weapon. I have small hands, so the front to back length of the grip was just too much for me. But, nice gun.

sputnik1988 05-22-2012 06:15 PM

Sweet gun, I'd get my hands on one first though, the grips are a bit sharp and kinda uncomfortable imo.

sweeper22 05-22-2012 09:06 PM

If your tastes and wallet allow room for a FiveseveN, most owners seem really happy with them. Very accurate (even at extended ranges), fun to shoot, low recoil...would probably be a fun varmint pistol as well.

Not a great fit for everyone, but there sure are a lot of satisfied owners out there.

TXHunter247 05-23-2012 12:08 AM

Well I bought one and it's awesome. Yes it cost a bit to shoot but other than my 1911 it's the best shooting pistol I've held to this day

Werminator 05-23-2012 12:15 AM

Pretty cool pistols to me but very much limited in uses... There doesn't seem to be much if any defensive ammo available for them and the cost per round is a lot higher than I like... Cool though...

bartwatkins 05-23-2012 09:13 PM

I am thinking really seriously about picking one up too....
I saw and handled 2 or 3 at a local gun show this last weekend. Expensive yes - but uber light and really looked and felt like quality made.
Ammo is expensive but so is .45 and I buy that all the time.
Not sure about the comment about no defensive ammo - I will agree that there is not much variation in ammo loads out there - basically two versions available, a 27 grain hollow point round and a Hornady V-max 40 grain polymer tipped hard nose round.
I watached a youtube video from Hickok45 and he completely demolished a concrete cinder block in like 4-5 shots with the polymer tipped bullet. That looked plenty good enough for a defensive round to me....
Anyway, it is a large gun though - so not sure how concealable it would be. But look slike alot of fun and very accurate.

Hmmmm....I have another watch that I could sell to fund this.....hmmm

Gonzilla 05-23-2012 09:41 PM

Go for it ! If you need affirmation or just a decent rationalization to buy a new gun, your in the right place. I researched the gun and liked everything except the price and no access to mil spec ammo. (yet)

The 5.7 went up against HKs new rd for MP 7 in NATO test and won but HK contested and it became a political football n gridlock.

Plenty Of U Tube videos w impressive results.