Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Semi-Auto Handguns (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f15/)
-   -   Fn 5-7 (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f15/fn-5-7-a-55526/)

franke_don 01-15-2012 05:48 AM

Fn 5-7

My new 5-7 failed after 9 clips. 10 th clip exchange the release button fell out. Dead man in battle!

fisher79 01-15-2012 06:10 AM

Uh that sucks it really want one of those. Correction wanted!

USMC_Richey 01-16-2012 01:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by franke_don (Post 677525)
My new 5-7 failed after 9 clips. 10 th clip exchange the release button fell out. Dead man in battle!

Probably because you were putting clips in it.. :rolleyes:

MrWray 01-16-2012 04:58 AM

I thought that all handguns took magazines?

GunRunner 01-16-2012 06:02 AM

But why are the called magazines? I read gun magazines. Are AK banana clips called banana magazines? Not that I have heard but hey to me they are just bullet, ammo, round holders I use to put in my pistol, gun, ratchet, heater, gat, or hand cannon when I go shooting,plunking, blasting, or rata tat tatting at the range.

trip286 01-16-2012 06:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrWray
I thought that all handguns took magazines?

Some of the old Mauser pistols took clips to load an internal magazine :)

MrWray 01-16-2012 06:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GunRunner
But why are the called magazines? I read gun magazines. Are AK banana clips called banana magazines? Not that I have heard but hey to me they are just bullet, ammo, round holders I use to put in my pistol, gun, ratchet, heater, gat, or hand cannon when I go shooting,plunking, blasting, or rata tat tatting at the range.

Their are clips in the firearms world, for instance....there are stripper clips containing ammo that are used in some older rifles with permanantly attached magazines. The stripper clip slides into a rail and you push the ammo down into the magazine,then all you have left is the empty clip.or you have the M1 Garand where the entire ammo clip loads into the rifle,then whenever to shoot the last round the clip ejects itself out of the rifle. Magazines are known as box magazines that self contain all the ammo,and insert into the magazine well of the firearm

trip286 01-16-2012 06:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GunRunner

That's why I sometimes steer clear of the argument. There is a difference, and I like to joke about it, but to me its not that big of a deal.

Now one misnomer that absolutely pisses me off is "assault rifle" or "assault weapon". There's no such thing. If things were labeled by their uses, well then I have an assault stick in my possession. And "listening" headphones, a "talking to people" cell phone, a "bouncing" ball, a "waking up" alarm clock, a "driving" car, a "riding" bike...ridiculous.

And if assault weapons were actually called by their intended purposes, then they would be known as just another target or hunting rifle, as that's what they're most commonly used for.

Sorry for the random rant.

MrWray 01-16-2012 07:10 AM

I will admit that the clip thing is a pet peeve of mine but it doesnt make me mad and ill tell you why. Whenever i went through CLEET and anytime someone referred to a magazine as a clip,the instructors made that person wear a girls pink hair clip in their hair for the entire day. There were alot of hair clips being worn for a few weeks until everyone caught on and got it right

trip286 01-16-2012 01:59 PM

Now that's just good clean fun right there!