FL heat vs. Concealed Carry - Page 4
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns >

FL heat vs. Concealed Carry

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-15-2010, 12:48 PM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

I live in North Central Florida,,, which is many times the "" cooler " part of Fl. We have been having abnormally hot weather the last few days & it is to continue. Yesterday, it was 97 with an average humidity of 77% . The next few days are expected to be the same. I agree, a large piece of leather against your skin would get might sticky !! Sometimes, I carry with just a large polo shirt, not tucked in & a small hoster, or just the factory " belt clip " on my P-11. I have never had anyone say that they noticed it being there. BUT, you may not be able to dress like that.

Old 06-16-2010, 02:57 AM   #32

Liked 9 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Just buy a big shirt and carry a big gun. When nano-seconds count, do you really want to be fishing around in your pocket? 5 rounds of .380 VS 17 rounds of 9mm? Dress for success, my brother.

Old 06-16-2010, 10:25 PM   #33

Likes Given: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorknoids View Post
Just buy a big shirt and carry a big gun. When nano-seconds count, do you really want to be fishing around in your pocket? 5 rounds of .380 VS 17 rounds of 9mm? Dress for success, my brother.
Ha, ha, I think I just got called a whimp! Loved your straight forward answer!! I plan to have that attitude when I retire in a few months!

Big shirt/Big gun

:-)

Old 06-17-2010, 12:46 AM   #34

I wish it was that easy, just wear a large shirt and be done with it. unfortunaly I have to wear shirt and tie with dress pants. Hence the idea of wearing a one size larger pleated pants with a pocket holster. It works most of the time. Of course when I am seated at my desk the gun kind of prints but the desk is covering it so no big deal.

Comsubin for ever!!!!

Old 06-17-2010, 02:08 PM   #35

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 3

I have always had confidence in my Beretta Tomcat. I have often carried it in my front pocket with a full firing grip when I am dressed in shorts and a tucked in shirt (that's about as dressed up as I get in the summer in south Georgia). Yeah it's a .32 and it's weak and the bullet is small, but it's with me when nothing else can come. From my pocket I can draw and fire four rounds into an IDPA target in about 2.25 seconds. I think that will be a game changer for any confrontation, even if the bullet is small.

Old 06-19-2010, 06:33 PM   #36

Great thread.

My solution has been to wear a t-shirt tucked in and a polo untucked with my HK p30 40 cal clipped inside my belt on the right side of my back.

It is a tad heavy to wear with shorts that don't have a belt, but I miss it when I don't have it.

Looking at buying one of these. Diamondback Site
and a pocket holster to reduce printing.

They feel GREAT! And have heard nothing but good things about them.

x3 on the AC. Here in TN lately it have been in the 90's and humid. You feel like you took a shower when you are out for more than a minute.

Old 06-19-2010, 07:09 PM   #37

Liked 17 Times on 9 Posts

I work at a gun store in Columbus, Ga,
So, I've heard a lot of feedback on the little Ruger LCP's and Keltec P3AT's.
So far I've heard nothing bad about them, their owners really like them for the most part.
My pocket pistol is a Keltec P32 (.32acp), which is nearly identical to the P3AT.
I've only put about 100 rounds through it but, out of those 100, it never had a malfunction and they're pretty darn accurrate for such a small pistol.

Old 06-21-2010, 06:54 PM   #38

Likes Given: 7

Default Made the choice

I may have let comfort rule out over stopping power, but I just purchased a Ruger LCP.

I think that is about as small as I can get and still put my NAA .22 magnum on the self.

Thanks for all the advice. I almost went with a small 9mm, but I have to wear a shirt and tie in the Florida heat until I retire in January.