Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > FL heat vs. Concealed Carry

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-10-2010, 11:32 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Likes Given: 7

Default Thanks everyone!

Thanks to all those who posted in this thread for the valuable information based on experience instead of sales!!

I've made a gun list and am going out to investigate which one feels best in my hand and in my pocket. I think part of the problems is the cheap polester pants I wear to work. I need to upgrade to thicker material so a 12 ounce gun does not feel and look like a paper weight in my pocket.

Thanks Esteban, I completely overlooked the possibility of the PF 9. And canebrake, as I have posted before somewhere else in this forum, I am DONE with Taurus! Ha, ha, loved the picture you posted.

I carry a S&W 642 in the cooler months when I can cover it, but have decided that my little NAA .22 magnum mini revolver summer gun should be replaced with something bigger.

Now, armed with all this info, if I can just keep the impulsive buying under control and make a logical choice! I'll let you guys know the final verdict. Thanks again!

-Bob

Old 06-11-2010, 03:00 AM   #22

Liked 1414 Times on 808 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlBob518 View Post
Thanks to all those who posted in this thread for the valuable information based on experience instead of sales!!

I've made a gun list and am going out to investigate which one feels best in my hand and in my pocket. I think part of the problems is the cheap polester pants I wear to work. I need to upgrade to thicker material so a 12 ounce gun does not feel and look like a paper weight in my pocket.

Thanks Esteban, I completely overlooked the possibility of the PF 9. And canebrake, as I have posted before somewhere else in this forum, I am DONE with Taurus! Ha, ha, loved the picture you posted.

I carry a S&W 642 in the cooler months when I can cover it, but have decided that my little NAA .22 magnum mini revolver summer gun should be replaced with something bigger.

Now, armed with all this info, if I can just keep the impulsive buying under control and make a logical choice! I'll let you guys know the final verdict. Thanks again!
I think if you go with the Ruger LCP the cheap polester pants won't matter! Pick one of these little Elsie Peas up and it just disappears in your hand.

My daughter's Elsie Pea on my Colt Defender "Mouse Gun". Yep, it's that small!

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Old 06-11-2010, 04:21 AM   #23

Liked 320 Times on 191 Posts
Likes Given: 426

I love those snakeskin grips man.

"You assist an evil system most effectively by obeying its orders and decrees. An evil system never deserves such allegiance. Allegiance to it means partaking of the evil. A good person will resist an evil system with his or her whole soul."
-Mahatma Gandhi

http://jpfo.org/
III%

Old 06-11-2010, 04:29 AM   #24

Liked 1616 Times on 944 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

Warm weather carry has more to do with the rig you use than the weapon you put in it. That crossbreed is a great one for that. And it's cheaper than a new tiny pistol.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Thomas Jefferson

Old 06-11-2010, 01:37 PM   #25
FAA licensed bugsmasher
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1997 Times on 1083 Posts
Likes Given: 716

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrumJunkie View Post
Warm weather carry has more to do with the rig you use than the weapon you put in it. That crossbreed is a great one for that. And it's cheaper than a new tiny pistol.
I know a bunch of people swear by Crossbreed, but I couldn't imagine a big piece of leather against my body as comfortable in Florida heat and 100% humidity.

Yes... I lived there for 10 years. Wish I could convince my wife to.

Scott

Quote:
If you're not representing Jesus in a way that makes people want to hang out with you, you're doing it wrong.
Quote:
Those who refuse to participate in politics shall be governed by their inferiors. -Plato
Regent Holdings What you need to know about silver, gold, and the economy.

Join the NRA

Old 06-12-2010, 01:06 PM   #26

I'm convinced that the LCR is going to be my next pistol. It has moved to the top of an ever-evolving wish list.

Evil Conservative Hate-monger.

Calle

Old 06-12-2010, 02:44 PM   #27

Liked 1653 Times on 932 Posts
Likes Given: 1112

If you insist on a .380, I have a Bersa Thunder Concealed. It has an 8 round mag. Very reliable. If you are open to other ideas, the Smith & Wesson J frames are great guns. I have one with a 1 7/8" barrel. Great gun. I had a Taurus M85 ultra lite. That is Taurus' answer to the J-frame. Mine was a peice of crap. I got rid of it and bought the real J-frame. I am done with Taurus. I've had 2 bad ones.

Romans 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile.

Old 06-12-2010, 09:01 PM   #28

Liked 17 Times on 14 Posts
Likes Given: 52

I live here in Az and know what it is to be hot. I usually carry my XD45c in a Milt Sparks or my Sig P229/239 in a Galco Summer holster.

I am like you ScottA a big peice of leather rubbingmy side all day here in Az. I know that the humidity here is not much, if any, but the heat here is like working in a oven.

Old 06-14-2010, 03:19 PM   #29

Default carrying concealled.

I have carried anything from a small kel-tec to a commander size 1911 in my shorts side pocket. Just buy those cargo type shorts that have somewhat large side pockets, choose a nice pocket holster and there you are. I am only 5'7" and had no problem carrying a larger weapon that I would normally be able to with some type of waist holster. My prefered gun is a Glock 27 in a pocket holster with spare mag in the other pocket. If you choose the right type of cargo pants that has side pockets with pleats in the middle no one will ever be the wiser that you are concealling a gun. Now you have a reliable gun with a somewhat large caliber and many rounds to do the job if needed. This will apply for long pants also with cargo pocket for those days that shorts are not your best choice. Also if, unlike me, you have no belly to contend with there are some great inside the waist band, with tuckable features, out there. Check out bhlstore.com. Other solution is a dress pant with 2 or more pleats in an extra size making it a little baggier then normal and combined with the same good pocket holster and a G27 you have a fair way to conceall a good weapon. I wont choose to carry a compact 1911 in this case unless you choose to carry without a round in the chamber.

Last edited by comsubin61; 06-14-2010 at 03:24 PM.

Old 06-15-2010, 11:34 AM   #30

I live in North Central Florida,,, which is many times the "" cooler " part of Fl. We have been having abnormally hot weather the last few days & it is to continue. Yesterday, it was 97° with an average humidity of 77% . The next few days are expected to be the same. I agree, a large piece of leather against your skin would get might sticky !! Sometimes, I carry with just a large polo shirt, not tucked in & a small hoster, or just the factory " belt clip " on my P-11. I have never had anyone say that they noticed it being there. BUT, you may not be able to dress like that.