fixing an old bryco jennings nine - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > fixing an old bryco jennings nine

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-14-2012, 08:25 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

All of this over a Jennings 9? Really? Might as well lock this one down.

Old 11-14-2012, 08:26 PM   #22

Liked 480 Times on 329 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by zx9rt1
All of this over a Jennings 9? Really? Might as well lock this one down.
Agreed. Happens every time.

Old 11-14-2012, 08:26 PM   #23

Liked 862 Times on 648 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacticalfun

Agreed. Happens every time.
Pretty much

Old 11-15-2012, 01:22 AM   #24

Liked 225 Times on 176 Posts
Likes Given: 228

Just wanted to reply and raise my post count if it get locked down.

I'm gonna stop you right there, you just said an AR-15 is a high-powered rifle. It is obvious you don't know anything about guns and I shall ignore anything you say from this point on.

Old 11-15-2012, 09:44 AM   #25

Liked 134 Times on 109 Posts
Likes Given: 43

People claim to have seen a Jennings blow up. I have to say bull manure. We have thousands of ambulance chasing lawyers in the US. If these guns were blowing up the lawsuits would be surfacing. I am not one to take things to court. If I ever bought any gun that blew up I would sue the manufacturer. Unless there is a lawsuit to back up the claim I have to call any claim of detonation bull manure.

"I do not aim with my hand; I aim with my eye. He who aims with his hand has forgotten the face of his father.
I do not shoot with my hand; I shoot with my mind. He who shoots with his hand has forgotten the face of his father.
I do not kill with my gun; I kill with my heart. He who kills with his gun has forgotten the face of his father."

Adopt a pet!! http://www.aspca.org/ Some of the finest pleasure horses come from here: http://www.canterusa.org/

Last edited by Old_Crow; 11-15-2012 at 09:46 AM.

Old 11-15-2012, 09:49 PM   #26

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 10

like i said earlier mine had a full on cracked frame and jammed every shot. not once did it blow. also there are indents under the slide and not once did it go boom all over the place. i think ppl are hyped up because its a Saturday night special, made of cheap pot metal. believe me guys i have heard every insult to this firearm in the book... and on this forum to boot. i take a large amount of offence to ppl who call them trigger grenades or whatever your clever minds think of. its not alright to do that. i am gonna get it fixed to prove all of you wrong. and im gonna do it myself. you guys are plain rude!

Old 11-15-2012, 09:54 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlin-owner
like i said earlier mine had a full on cracked frame and jammed every shot. not once did it blow. also there are indents under the slide and not once did it go boom all over the place. i think ppl are hyped up because its a Saturday night special, made of cheap pot metal. believe me guys i have heard every insult to this firearm in the book... and on this forum to boot. i take a large amount of offence to ppl who call them trigger grenades or whatever your clever minds think of. its not alright to do that. i am gonna get it fixed to prove all of you wrong. and im gonna do it myself. you guys are plain rude!
Your choice mon ami. You asked for help/advice and I gave it. As a gunsmith, apprenticed under one of the best in the country, I HAVE PERSONALLY seen one blow apart. I gave you my personal and professional opinion on it. If you think I was rude that's your right and choice as well.

Old 11-15-2012, 10:00 PM   #28

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 10

hi point is made of the same material as bryco i have first hand seen with my own two eyes those detonating it was the 45 model. riddle me this everyone. who here has seen with there own two eyes a bryco exploding? not many i am sure. my experience with them is not grand but mine with the cracked frame begs to differ with most of your "opinions" about them. i would appreciate if you kept the flaming to your self and only ppl who know the company first hand post. im getting tired of my cousins cousins bryco blew up... sounds made up to me.

Old 11-15-2012, 10:04 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlin-owner
hi point is made of the same material as bryco i have first hand seen with my own two eyes those detonating it was the 45 model. Riddle me this everyone. Who here has seen with there own two eyes a bryco exploding? Not many i am sure. My experience with them is not grand but mine with the cracked frame begs to differ with most of your "opinions" about them. I would appreciate if you kept the flaming to your self and only ppl who know the company first hand post. Im getting tired of my cousins cousins bryco blew up... Sounds made up to me.
i have seen several of the damn things explode personally!!!!

Old 11-15-2012, 10:05 PM   #30

Liked 67 Times on 46 Posts

My friend has a JA 9 and we have put at least 1000 rds threw it with no problem. Maybe we are just lucky. We mostly put surplus 9mm through it.