Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > fixing an old bryco jennings nine

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-14-2012, 02:30 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 10

Default fixing an old bryco jennings nine

so i have an old bryco jennings nine with a jiminez frame and a bryco jennings nine slide. kinda frankensteined together with spare parts. all it needs is the sear assembly and the sear spring. on e-gunparts.com its about 18 dollars. is it worth it? what if it works and can be a beater truck gun? any info will help. i want to fix it. it was my first pistol.... what do you all think???

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 11-14-2012, 02:32 AM   #2

Liked 862 Times on 648 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Ummmmm pitch it far and hard? Ya sounds good to me since both of them companies are individually on the most common fail list for pistols.

Old 11-14-2012, 02:38 AM   #3

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

How much do you have in it so far?

Old 11-14-2012, 02:48 AM   #4

Liked 1419 Times on 808 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlin-owner View Post
so i have an old bryco jennings nine with a jiminez frame and a bryco jennings nine slide. kinda frankensteined together with spare parts. all it needs is the sear assembly and the sear spring. on e-gunparts.com its about 18 dollars. is it worth it? what if it works and can be a beater truck gun? any info will help. i want to fix it. it was my first pistol.... what do you all think???
I think that question should answer any doubt as to the value you put on your life!

My life is worth a boat-load more than $18.

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Old 11-14-2012, 02:50 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by canebrake

I think that question should answer any doubt as to the value you put on your life!

My life is worth a boat-load more than $18.
A couple fingers at the very least is worth more than that

Old 11-14-2012, 02:50 AM   #6

Liked 762 Times on 441 Posts
Likes Given: 457

Quote:
Toss it and buy a Hi-Point if you want a truck gun. Reliable enough, tough as nails and 100% warranted for life.

"The whole of the Bill (of Rights) is a declaration of the right of the people at large or considered as individuals.... It establishes some rights of the individual as unalienable and which consequently, no majority has a right to deprive them of." (Albert Gallatin of the New York Historical Society, October 7, 1789)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington

Old 11-14-2012, 03:06 AM   #7

Liked 4676 Times on 2262 Posts
Likes Given: 1430

Quote:
Marlin

I usually jump all over members who trash another members gun but in this case I must agree with the advice above.

Please don't take it as any desire to insult something you own but rather as legitimate concern for your safety.

Both Byrco and Jennings are know for catastrophic failure and injuries to the shooter.

A hybrid of the two would scare me more than Rosie O'donnel working the stripper pole with a spoon in each hand...

Seriously buddy, the few bucks you could sell it for is not worth the guilt when it blows up on the next guys face or the bad press for all gun makers everytime one of thes things decides to bite the hand that feeds it.

Tack

Old 11-14-2012, 03:11 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tackleberry1

Marlin

I usually jump all over members who trash another members gun but in this case I must agree with the advice above.

Please don't take it as any desire to insult something you own but rather as legitimate concern for your safety.

Both Byrco and Jennings are know for catastrophic failure and injuries to the shooter.

A hybrid of the two would scare me more than Rosie O'donnel working the stripper pole with a spoon in each hand...

Seriously buddy, the few bucks you could sell it for is not worth the guilt when it blows up on the next guys face or the bad press for all gun makers everytime one of thes things decides to bite the hand that feeds it.

Tack
This is the bad part of us havin a similar handle-i thought you was jumpin on me there for a minute tack

Old 11-14-2012, 03:34 AM   #9

Liked 1766 Times on 985 Posts
Likes Given: 1161

I had a Jennings nine. I sold it. Never looked back. I still own a Jennings J-22. It took me about a year to decide to spend $4 on a part to fix the 22. I dont shoot it much. But it was a gun I bought when I was poor. I keep it to simply remind me of the long road I have been down.

You say yours was your first gun. If it is a situation like mine I understand. If you are talking about just not wanting it to be broken I understrand that feeling. However if you are wanting to fix it and use it regularly I wouldnt waste the $18. Go to a pawn shop and spend $75 on a used High Point.

It will last a long time and you wont be all pissed at it because it jams every third shot.

Romans 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile.

Old 11-14-2012, 03:37 AM   #10

Liked 4676 Times on 2262 Posts
Likes Given: 1430

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlinman View Post
This is the bad part of us havin a similar handle-i thought you was jumpin on me there for a minute tack
Woah...them are close handles! Had I noticed two "Marlin's" I'd have used the OP's whole handle to avoid confusion.

Glad you caught my drift before firing back Marlinman.

Tack