Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > First Pistol

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-23-2009, 02:08 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default First Pistol

I have narrowed it down to two pistols. I want anyone's info on them from personal experience or what they think the better pistol would be. The two are Springfield XD Service Model with 4 inch barrel or a S&W M&P Full size. Both are to be chambered in 9mm.

Thank you.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-23-2009, 02:41 AM   #2

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

I own a Springfield XD9 4 inch, and it shoots like a dream. The weapon is a natural pointer, and is on target. Recoil is minimal, and the sights are easy to pick up.

I have no experience with the M&P, but I would imagine that it would perform with the same quality as the Springfield. Springfield does have the advantage of having alot of package items along with the pistol (holster, mag holder, bore brush, etc...)

Which one feels right in your hand? Answer that, and you have your first weapon picked out.

Old 02-25-2009, 05:13 AM   #3

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Pick which one feels better in your hand. If they feel the same pick the one you can get a better deal on. Both are very good firearms, I wouldn't want to live on the difference between the two.

I don't make jokes, I just watch the government and report the facts. -Will Rogers

An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last. -Winston Churchill

Old 02-26-2009, 02:07 AM   #4
WDB

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Read the thread S&W M&P 40.
I truly like the M&P and own a 45 and 9mm. With the exchangable back staps and the frame design it is a great choice. Best advice is to find a range that rent both and shoot them, I think that will best put it in prosective.