Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > First (non service issued) personal pistol

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-02-2011, 07:22 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default First (non service issued) personal pistol

I have been doing a bit of reading on the MK23 and it looks like it is a very dependable weapon and accurate. I am used to the M9, but never really liked the M9, I prefer something larger so I found several pistols, price no object.

1. H&K MK23 .45
2. Beretta Px4 .45
3. H&K USP Tactical .45 (With Compensator)

I have never held, nor seen either in person; what do you guys think? Anyone local to SW Virginia own one of these three? If so, could I possibly arrange a test fire to experience the weapon first hand, before I fork over the money for one of these.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 07-02-2011, 09:45 AM   #2

dont live in Virginia, but I would want to assume that most indoor ranges would also have a variety of pistols to rent. Dont mean to be negative but i doubt somebody off the web is about to meet up with you about pistols either.

Old 07-02-2011, 09:59 AM   #3
Retired
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2757 Times on 1597 Posts
Likes Given: 1205

There are normally some nice people at ranges.
I usually offer someone a chance to shoot my firearms when they show interest.

In other words, go to the range.

Amendment II:
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Life Member NRA
Life Member NAHC
Former President of the ECPT (Eifel Combat Pistol Team)

Old 07-02-2011, 10:09 AM   #4

No idea if there are any indoor ranges around me.. The only range I know of is a free outdoor range in the forest, last time I was there, nobody really came out there..

Old 07-02-2011, 06:40 PM   #5

Liked 18 Times on 16 Posts

Of those 3, I have only shot the USP, HK makes the most accurate gun (opinion, for me) ever. It is so smooth and no malfunctions. The only reason I carry Glock is because they are smaller, cheaper, and have nothing hanging out to grab or forget to grab when the SHTF. I'd love to try a MK23, but I think the only dif is barrel and ability for attachments

In god we trust, all others we monitor...

Old 07-03-2011, 12:07 AM   #6

I think it is worth the $2100 price tag, I have read nothing negative about it.. One thing I would like to find is a Wilcox LAM unit..