Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > First Handgun

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-22-2010, 01:00 AM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

yo shi, one of my pet pevs is when people put pictures of their kids as their profile pics. but man yours just gives me nightmares. no wonder you love the sigma so much.

Old 06-22-2010, 01:00 AM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shihan View Post
Haters only hate what they can not handle, it takes a Man to shoot a Sigma.

I wasnt tring to bash the gun at all, just saying what he told me. I actually like the way the Sigma felt in hand, and was honestly going to buy it (it was over $100 cheaper than the Cougar) but I also really liked the way the Cougar felt and I liked the way it looked much better. Not to mention almost verything I have heard or read said nothing but great things about the cougar.

If I really get into shooting, I may go for a Sigma .40

Old 06-24-2010, 09:17 AM   #33

you should stay away from 9mm for home defense, if youre shooting close quarters and want a handgun thatll really pack a punch to the person on the other side get a 40 or a 45. for longer guns go with a 12 ga with an 18 in barrel and a pistol grip both front and rear

Old 06-24-2010, 12:17 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shihan View Post
Haters only hate what they can not handle, it takes a Man to shoot a Sigma.
What happen to the dark haired evil David Hasselhoff avatar?

"Takes a Man not a drunk Kitty to shoot a Sigma, LOL"

Last edited by group17; 06-24-2010 at 12:20 PM.

Old 06-24-2010, 05:27 PM   #35
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 184 Times on 150 Posts
Likes Given: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by tieler View Post
you should stay away from 9mm for home defense, if youre shooting close quarters and want a handgun thatll really pack a punch to the person on the other side get a 40 or a 45. for longer guns go with a 12 ga with an 18 in barrel and a pistol grip both front and rear
Nothing more than my own opinion, but I don't really agree with any of this.

9mm is an adequate defense round and a great learning platform. Almost any calibers bigger than 115gr are also fine defense rounds, although some may be less ideal for the new shooter. 357mag and 45acp are top shelf when it comes to common caliber centerfire pistol defense, though the cost and minimal recoil of a 9mm is sometimes worth giving up (what, 10% lesser performance?) what those more powerful calibers offer for the new shooter.

A youth framed 18-21" 20ga loaded with #3buck would make a pretty perfect home defense gun for multiple household users. Stockless pistol gripped SGs look pretty cool, but the traditional stock is a little more practical for most people.

Old 06-25-2010, 01:40 PM   #36

So I took the gun to the range for a quick shooting session. put 150 rounds through it and it shot flawlessly.
compared to other handguns I have shot (mostly .40's) the recoil was very modest and did in fact seem to go straight back. I did most of my shooting at 7 yards and a few clips at 15 yards and found this gun to be extremely accurate (at least for me). As I would assume with most people and guns as 7 yards, the grouping was very tight (within a couple inches) and at 15 yards I wasn;t bad but ever clip I would have a few random stray land several inches away from the main grouping.
I am very new to shooting hand guns and assume these random outlying shots are due to my inexperience. My wife and I do plan to take a gun course as she has never touched a handgun, and I still have a lot to learn .

I am already working planning out my next gun purchase as I really had a blast shooting. I also did not realize how much an hour at the range can cost between lane fees and ammo. Guess I need to get a second job.

anyway, Thanks to everyone who gave me input. I am trying to get a picture up but am having some difficulty.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/34173926@N06/4732498771/

Old 06-25-2010, 07:57 PM   #37

You need to look around for a more reasonable range to shoot at. My brother found a small range about 10 min from his house that only cost $25 a year to shoot at.
No other fees at all.
Your next present to yourself should be a pair of wood or plastic Beretta 8000 grips.
Turns your Stoeger into a Beretta in about 5 minutes. Just be careful you don't lose the tiny washers taking out the grip screws.
Practice, practic, will make the odd wondering bullet go away.
Good shooting!

Old 06-28-2010, 04:43 PM   #38

Any advice on where I could order extra Mags from? I am having a heck of a time locating any place to buy them (that arent 10 cap.) I would like to have at least two more if possible.

also cannot find any Black Beretta Cougar Grips for sale.
they look sweet and would like to replace the Stoeger ones at some point.
Any tips?

Old 06-28-2010, 07:23 PM   #39
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 184 Times on 150 Posts
Likes Given: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaljr82 View Post
Any advice on where I could order extra Mags from? I am having a heck of a time locating any place to buy them (that arent 10 cap.) I would like to have at least two more if possible.
Try Midway or JRLowe. Just what came up from some sources I've used...make sure they actually fit your model correctly. Google should be able to track down some grips easy enough...you may even be able to find them at sites I've linked above.

Old 06-28-2010, 07:33 PM   #40

Thanks.
Not sure how I missed those two great site in my Google Search.
I apprecaite it.
I would assume the Pro Mag Magazines are comparable to the original Beretta Mags?