Finding mixed reviews on SCCY (SKKY) CPX-1 need your input. - Page 6
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns >

Finding mixed reviews on SCCY (SKKY) CPX-1 need your input.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-06-2012, 01:23 PM   #51
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

I purchased the Sccy CPX1 and had loading, miss-loading issues, as well as the safety would engage on it';s own. Sent it into Sccy and they had great customer service. The end result is they replaced it with the CPX2 model. I have put many rounds though it and have had no issues with the CPX2.

Old 03-07-2012, 04:49 AM   #52

I purchased the sccy CPX 2. I just took it out for first time. I put 200 rounds through it with NO problems. I LOVED it, I feel I got a lot of gun for the money!!

Old 03-13-2012, 06:16 AM   #53

i own a cpx1 and i had troubles at first mostly with the safety.everytime i shot it the safety would bite my thumb and eventually switch to safe after a few rounds. i ended up trying to fix the problem and ended up breaking the safety lever on the pistol. i called sccy and they sent me a safety removal kit for 25 bucks. after i installed it had zero problems with my cpx1. i like it for ccw but to be honest i trust my s&w sigma 9mm more and is my choice to carry until i find a better ccw pistol.

Old 03-13-2012, 06:41 AM   #54

Wow I bought a Kel tec p11 and i love it so i found another gun that everybody puts down just to see if there is a lot of bull on some threads ok you ready for this a high point c9 and i can't say enough about the bull this gun has shot 350 rounds with 2 ftf if that is not good I don't know what is. But i will keep reading here cause at least some people are honest and some are just playing my guns better than yours cause I paid more money than you. Just be honest with people some people can't afford the high dollar guns but please don't put a gun down cause it cost less. High point c9 great gun for the money Kel tec p11 great gun for the money. Sorry but i have to tell it like I see it. Thanks

Old 03-13-2012, 05:03 PM   #55

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wbaker
Wow I bought a Kel tec p11 and i love it so i found another gun that everybody puts down just to see if there is a lot of bull on some threads ok you ready for this a high point c9 and i can't say enough about the bull this gun has shot 350 rounds with 2 ftf if that is not good I don't know what is. But i will keep reading here cause at least some people are honest and some are just playing my guns better than yours cause I paid more money than you. Just be honest with people some people can't afford the high dollar guns but please don't put a gun down cause it cost less. High point c9 great gun for the money Kel tec p11 great gun for the money. Sorry but i have to tell it like I see it. Thanks
I think many people are honest.

I own and have had no problems with hi-point c9. It is great for the money but is in no way perfect. Heavy , small capacity. The glock 19 or xd9 is a far superior weapon...but if all you have is $175 then the c9 is great.

Old 03-14-2012, 06:21 AM   #56

Sorry I put last reply on wrong forum I was getting tired of people on another gun forum putting people down for what they could afford. I'm currently saving up to get me a cz75b

Old 03-14-2012, 05:06 PM   #57

Default For the money

I'm pretty happy with the CPX-1 second gen model. Not as reliable as a high dollar model but it will do what it needs to do and it is most certainly better than having nothing at all if it is all you can afford! They can be picky about their ammo when it comes to ejection.
I've fired various types of ammunition through mine and it's a good idea to pay a little more for ammo rather than skimp on it. Hornady and Glazer feed with no problems at all. Sometimes I like to buy bulk ammo from usa ammo (reloads) because they are quality and super cheap, however sometimes they do not eject properly from the CPX-1. It's probably because the ammo was fired previously and perhaps its a weakness in the rim?
As far as hi point goes, I bought a hi point 45 ACP about 8 or nine years ago and that tank will not die! I was told and have read that they aren't meant for shooting on a regular basis but this thing has had more rounds than I can count put through it. It is also picky about ammo and fires great with either the cheap magtech FMJ's or Fiochii 230gr JHP. If you try to run wolf through it then it fails to feed about every other round. I use wolf as a training round to teach people how to properly clear a weapon malfunction once they have reach the proper range and safety level.
So remember that there are some firearms, especially the cheap ones that can be picky about ammo so before you give up on your gun, try feeding it something different.

Old 03-18-2012, 06:44 AM   #58

I had a CPX-2 gen 2, even used it to qualify for my CCW. The instructor took some convincing, though. The had one blow up And injure someone once.

Anyway, the mags didnt feed worth crap. Never did get 10 rounds in them. If you tried to force them thr follower would jam. One mag would only hold 4 rounds. Customer svc said mail them in (at my expense) and they would look at them.

I decided that I couldnt trust my life on this gun so I carry a Glock 26 and gave up on the cheapo guns.

Old 03-18-2012, 01:17 PM   #59

I have posted in other threads about the SCCY CPX-1, which I did have problems with. Once I sent it into SCCY, they replaced it with the CPX-2 and I have had no issues with it after shooting the heck out of it. I now use it to carry and fits nicely anywhere. If your looking to buy one, skip the CXP-1 and go for the CPX-2.