Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Finding mixed reviews on SCCY (SKKY) CPX-1 need your input.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-03-2009, 10:29 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 21 Times on 7 Posts

Never owned one myself but I've known 3 people who have and each of them ditched it shortly after purchase. I know this isn't what you wanted to hear but this is what I know of them.

When it comes to guns, there's cheap and inexpensive and sorry to say these fall in the first category from the examples I've seen. If you intend to hang out with us can I suggest you head over to the introductions area and tell us about yourself...

Old 10-04-2009, 04:19 PM   #12

Liked 39 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 17

I don't like the KelTecs, but have you tried the Bersa Thunder 380? what about a Rossi or a Taurus 85 revolver? those are excellent guns near the price range of the Keltec (or CPX1)

“You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that, my dear friend, is the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
Dr. Adrian Rogers”

TELL CHAVEZ NOW! CLICK HERE

Last edited by AsmelEduardo; 10-04-2009 at 04:25 PM.

Old 10-04-2009, 09:05 PM   #13

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3471 Times on 1606 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballydoctor View Post
Revolvers are useless Bersa Thunder another cheap ass gun, your life is worth more than 300.00
A good revolver is worth your weight in gold. Where have you been?

A revolver, especially a hammerless one, is the perfect choice for self defense, especially for someone with limited or no skills with a firearm.

JD

Old 10-04-2009, 09:06 PM   #14
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1173 Times on 509 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

I have a little bit of experience with firearms and haven't found revolvers useless in the least. I believe they have their uses in certain circumstances. I used to own a Bersa Thunder 380 and it was an outstanding little pistol. I'm sorry I ever sold it and am seriously considering buying another. There's a huge difference between cheap and inexpensive.

BTW, Ballydoctor, welcome to the forum. When you have a chance, head over to the new member area and introduce yourself to the gang.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 10-04-2009, 09:08 PM   #15

Liked 39 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 17

Ballydoctor. Welcome to the forum by the way! why don't you stop by the introductions section and tell us a little about yourself

“You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that, my dear friend, is the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
Dr. Adrian Rogers”

TELL CHAVEZ NOW! CLICK HERE

Old 10-04-2009, 09:12 PM   #16

Liked 21 Times on 7 Posts

Quote:
Revolvers are useless Bersa Thunder another cheap ass gun, your life is worth more than 300.00
You sir have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. Now that you've demonstrated your total ignorance on firearms, perhaps you can advise us on proper ninja tactics...

Old 10-04-2009, 09:15 PM   #17

Liked 30 Times on 21 Posts
Likes Given: 4

I can't count the number of years, has to be at least 100, that revolvers were state of the art firearms...they still are.

There are still police forces utilizing revolvers as duty weapons. A revolver is easier to detect if it is loaded, you can see the rounds in the cylinder, you have a much simpler operating routine when shooting whether SA or DA.

The Revolver...A good choice for a self defense weapon especially for a woman or older person who may not have the hand strength to cycle a slide or load a magazine.

Ninja....Geez, I didn't know!

People get the government they deserve.

Old 10-04-2009, 10:33 PM   #18

Liked 32 Times on 27 Posts

Quote:
How to use an effing comma.

Dictionary.com | Find the Meanings and Definitions of Words at Dictionary.com is also a hepful resource for SPELLING things correctly, while you are trying to insult the members of the board.

Old 10-05-2009, 12:34 AM   #19
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1173 Times on 509 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

I used to be disgusted, but now I'm just amused.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 10-05-2009, 02:58 AM   #20

Liked 10 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 3

How old are you? How much REAL experience have YOU had with revolvers and other firearms? It sounds like you don't have much experience with all different types of firearms if you think revolvers are useless.

Quote:

Sometimes you earthlings REALLY amaze me!