Finally took the plunge! - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Finally took the plunge!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-12-2010, 06:56 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

I saw the full sized 45 on Buds for $399. Is that right or is that just for the conversion? All my LGS's have them for sale in the $800 range. Is that way too much?

Old 02-16-2010, 12:03 PM   #12

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by VitSports6 View Post
Tonight after I dropped my daughter off at her Braille class I stopped off at Doug's Shoot-N-Sports here in Salt Lake City to see what they had and I came home with this!

Glad you seem to be happy with your new purchase

Haven't seen any Sigs out here as yet...we have a relatively small number of models to choose from due to the 5" barrel minimum rule.

Off topic here, but you know it never ceases to amaze me how you guys can just casually 'walk in' to a gun shop, browse, choose, and walk out with one - simple as that!

No waiting for the police to approve your safe, no waiting for a PTA (permit to accquire) form to be sent from them, another few weeks for processing, liasing with the required gunshop to get the paperwork in order etc etc etc

Then waiting until you can pick it up...and if for some reason there's an import hangup and it takes more than 3 months...you gotta pay for another PTA & re-start the process all over again. They really want to discourage ya I got to say

Illigitimi Non Carborundum - Don't let the bastards grind you down

Quote:
Originally Posted by skullcrusher View Post
Yes, at WalMart, you can pick up a gun, ammo, ski mask and your antidepressants all in one trip. Darn convenient if you ask me...:D

Old 02-16-2010, 09:35 PM   #13

Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by zhuk View Post
Glad you seem to be happy with your new purchase

Haven't seen any Sigs out here as yet...we have a relatively small number of models to choose from due to the 5" barrel minimum rule.

Off topic here, but you know it never ceases to amaze me how you guys can just casually 'walk in' to a gun shop, browse, choose, and walk out with one - simple as that!

No waiting for the police to approve your safe, no waiting for a PTA (permit to accquire) form to be sent from them, another few weeks for processing, liasing with the required gunshop to get the paperwork in order etc etc etc

Then waiting until you can pick it up...and if for some reason there's an import hangup and it takes more than 3 months...you gotta pay for another PTA & re-start the process all over again. They really want to discourage ya I got to say
I live in a fairly liberal state when it comes to firearms, But that only goes so far, Once I walked in the door of my house, My wife was giving me the evil eye ... and yes, I am still happy.
Good luck to you in your future firearm hunting
Thanks

Old 02-26-2010, 03:46 PM   #14

A little update, I've got about 800 rounds through the full size p250 and still happy with my purchase, Its been nice being able to get some range time, I still need to work on the 15 + yard accuracy, But I'm sure that will come with practice.

I also picked up a Tactical Light/Laser with 2 magazines on a 2sum deal through Sig Sauer .

The light wont fit on the sub-compact, But thats not that big of a deal.
I've also been carrying the sub-compact for the last week and it seems to fit fairly well in a universal "Uncle Mike's" #16 IWB holster, I'm waiting for a heavier duty IWB holster to come out...

Old 02-28-2010, 12:30 AM   #15

Very nice.

Old 03-02-2010, 02:41 PM   #16

Default Awesome.

I saw the 2Sum. What a great deal.. I just bought my Sig yesterday, Compact P250. I am leaving work early to go shoot it... I can not wait. How do you like the DAO?

Old 03-02-2010, 02:42 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by VitSports6 View Post
A little update, I've got about 800 rounds through the full size p250 and still happy with my purchase, Its been nice being able to get some range time, I still need to work on the 15 + yard accuracy, But I'm sure that will come with practice.

I also picked up a Tactical Light/Laser with 2 magazines on a 2sum deal through Sig Sauer .

The light wont fit on the sub-compact, But thats not that big of a deal.
I've also been carrying the sub-compact for the last week and it seems to fit fairly well in a universal "Uncle Mike's" #16 IWB holster, I'm waiting for a heavier duty IWB holster to come out...

Do you mind me asking where you picked up the tac light?

Old 03-02-2010, 03:59 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by SigSauerP250C View Post
I saw the 2Sum. What a great deal.. I just bought my Sig yesterday, Compact P250. I am leaving work early to go shoot it... I can not wait. How do you like the DAO?
Howdy!
Congrats! Have fun, Most people will bag on the long pull of the trigger, I didn't have any issues, Well, Nothing a little practice and focusing couldn't help
I have no issue with the DOA, Ive owned SA/DA Sig's before and the way I see it, Keep your finger off the trigger till its time and you shouldn't have any issues.
Good luck!

Old 03-22-2011, 03:01 AM   #19

Small but nice update, I located a group buy on the Fire Control Units for the P250, So now I have 2 fully functioning P250's!

There is a slight difference between the two FCU's, They are only about 9K off from each other
You cant tell, But the hammers are different, My original one on the bottom has a 1 on the side the upper has a 2 on the side as well as a ridge down the back of the hammer, Not to mention the two dimples by the S/N, The hammer pivot pin is a bit different.

My first FCU on the left, You can see a different slide catch spring and pivot area and tooth.

Not really a big deal that I can see, But I need to get it to the range to see if it feels the same or not.

Old 03-23-2011, 11:57 PM   #20
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 20 Times on 15 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Oo-la-la! Nice! I don't suppose they gave you a "two for the price of one" sale did they?

Nice buy!

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian."