Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Finally!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-16-2010, 11:49 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Ive polished mine its stainless, every ruger site ive seen says polish the ramp and throat,so take it for what its worth. ive polished MY LCP also no problem.,dont no much about bersas

Last edited by fangus; 01-16-2010 at 11:54 PM.

Old 01-17-2010, 12:31 AM   #12

What did you think of the trigger? That double trigger thing looks kinda strange.

Old 01-17-2010, 12:36 AM   #13

Liked 17 Times on 12 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVwheelgunner View Post
I got in trouble on a Bersa forum for recommending a ramp polish. It seems some pistols have a ramp which is hardened on the surface; if you polish it, you can wear through the hardening, and ruin the gun!

That forum no longer permits home gun smithing posts.

Better make sure polishing is safe for your gun.
I do believe it would take alot of polishing to wear through the hardening. That actually requires metal removal amount that polishing would not reach during a regular polish.

From C3Shooter:
Skullcrusher, you are evil, sick, demented, twisted- and my hero!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandamonium View Post
...without the Second, we cannot protect the rest!

Old 01-17-2010, 01:01 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thelt View Post
What did you think of the trigger? That double trigger thing looks kinda strange.
I dont even really notice the double trigger it feels like any other trigger to me.

glocks also have a double trigger.

Old 01-18-2010, 12:31 AM   #15

+1 on the trigger, its just an extra safety device when carrying 1 in the pipe,most pistols have it, some internal some external. ruger put this kind of set up on the SR9,because of safety conserns when a pistol is droped to keep it from going off

Old 01-18-2010, 12:45 AM   #16

Liked 1414 Times on 808 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

Did ya notice those silhouette targets look like you're shootin' the bad guy in the back?

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Old 01-19-2010, 03:24 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by canebrake View Post
Did ya notice those silhouette targets look like you're shootin' the bad guy in the back?
What makes you say that?

Old 01-23-2010, 10:44 PM   #18

Default had a question about that ruger

damn fine shooting first of all, youre putting them consistantly in an area which would stop the threat and after some range time which is enjoyable anyway, youll be boasting mad skills in no time!

Now heres my dilemma: I just turned 21 which is the legal age for carry
in my state and am at a dilemma. All facts of importance to me in a concealed carry gun combined with my "price range" have narrowed it down to these handguns: springfield XD, ruger SR 9 and Smith and Wesson M&P.
upon finding information i located a report by Massad Ayoob which said and i quote "The trigger sucks"
did you feel the trigger had a long creep to it, or was "loose" causing less than optimum shooting?

Old 01-24-2010, 11:42 AM   #19

I'm not a guy that knows a whole lot about guns but compared to the other few pistols I have shot I don't think its to bad for a striker fire pistol. My friend has a S&W Sigma (also a polymer framed striker fired pistol) and I like this gun and it's trigger alot more.

Now I have heard some say that they are having peening problem.

If you want to here someone talk more about the gun look up nutnfancy's SR9 shooting and reviews on youtube.

And thanks for you compliment on my shooting.
My family dose a firework stand every year and ONE of the reasons I got this gun is because my job there is the nightwatchmen ( all I had in years past was a big stick I think this is a bit better lol) hopefully I don't have to shot any perps but if I HAD to I would not hesitate, I know I'm no pro by a long shot (pun intended) but it's good to know that I have enough skill to drop them if needed.

Last edited by 351mustang65; 01-24-2010 at 12:00 PM.

Old 01-24-2010, 04:10 PM   #20

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by 351mustang65 View Post
I'm not a guy that knows a whole lot about guns but compared to the other few pistols I have shot I don't think its to bad for a striker fire pistol. My friend has a S&W Sigma (also a polymer framed striker fired pistol) and I like this gun and it's trigger alot more.

Now I have heard some say that they are having peening problem.

If you want to here someone talk more about the gun look up nutnfancy's SR9 shooting and reviews on youtube.

And thanks for you compliment on my shooting.
My family dose a firework stand every year and ONE of the reasons I got this gun is because my job there is the nightwatchmen ( all I had in years past was a big stick I think this is a bit better lol) hopefully I don't have to shot any perps but if I HAD to I would not hesitate, I know I'm no pro by a long shot (pun intended) but it's good to know that I have enough skill to drop them if needed.
The SR9 and the Sigma are in different brackets. The Sigma's an entry-level gun, and more comparable to the Ruger P-series than the SR9.

Jcash, I own an M&P9 Pro Series, and frequently shoot an XDm, and they're both excellent weapons. I've not had the chance to shoot an SR9, but Ruger's one of the best manufacturers out there, so it's bound to be good.
Ruger Mk III Competition .22 LR, S&W M&P Pro Series 9mm