FEG Hi Power Information Site...

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > FEG Hi Power Information Site...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-03-2011, 06:59 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default FEG Hi Power Information Site...

Hello. I am frequently asked about FEG-manufactured Hi Power "clones". My experience with these pistols is limited. I have seen a couple that were sold under the Mauser name, but they were actually manufactured by FEG, just as Browning Hi Powers are manufactured by FN. These pistols sported a polished bright blue finish and were as nice as any FN-manufactured Hi Power I've ever seen. I have seen some FEG Hi Powers that appeared finished with more utilitarian military/police type finishes. The few that I have shot over the years have been satisfactory with the exception of one of the so-called "Counterfeit Hi Powers" allegedly manufactured by FEG, but with FN-markings. Supposedly, these were sold in the Mid-East. The one I shot found its way into the US from S. Africa. It was a typical classic style fixed-sight "Vigilante" model. It was reliable, but groups were much larger than the 3" averages at 25 yards from most other Hi Powers. Other FEG Hi Powers I've shot (had FEG markings) shot as nicely has the FN-made Hi Powers.

For people interested in FEG's, I recommend this site:

The FÉG Hi-Power Blog

It is the best I've seen in providing detailed FEG Hi Power information.

Best.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-04-2011, 08:49 AM   #2
Retired
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3104 Times on 1784 Posts
Likes Given: 1320

Thanks Steve. I have one of those Argentine built. Had to adjust the rear sight. Hate the trigger pull, but it is on my list of "to do" handguns.

Amendment II:
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Life Member NRA
Life Member NAHC
Former President of the ECPT (Eifel Combat Pistol Team)

Old 03-04-2011, 06:48 AM   #3

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default HP Clones

SAcamp,

I have Charles Daly HP-9, which is a FEG parts gun that was made in Europe and assembled here in Harrisburg, PA. USA. I have had it for the last 6 + years and I have been very happy with it. It has proven to be accurate and reliable.

Budd

Old 03-04-2011, 11:49 AM   #4

Liked 23 Times on 7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by danf_fl View Post
Thanks Steve. I have one of those Argentine built. Had to adjust the rear sight. Hate the trigger pull, but it is on my list of "to do" handguns.
I had one of the Argentine built clones as well and the trigger wasn't great but it was a real good shooter...

Old 03-04-2011, 01:34 PM   #5

Hello and thanks for the comments. I am glad that the post was of interest.

Best.

Old 03-04-2011, 03:26 PM   #6

Liked 90 Times on 68 Posts
Likes Given: 25

A good post and link for anyone interested in Hi-Powers.

Jim....

Visit me on FaceBook at Alvord Limited Custom Gunsmithing.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Alvord-Limited-Custom-gunsmithing/637828296334671?ref=bookmarks