Favorite sub-compact semi (with-catch) - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Favorite sub-compact semi (with-catch)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-31-2011, 11:01 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 10 Times on 4 Posts

Default Shoot better with Glock 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweeper22 View Post
A lot of people have 10,000 round guns...they're just rarely subcompacts. Many subcompacts aren't designed for that level of use. And even those that are rarely get that level of reps because they're simply not as fun or as easy to be precise with.

A G26/G27 is a good example of a subcompact that should be up to the task of some really high mileage. With that said, when it comes to defense with a pistol (at home or otherwise), you'll almost certainly be better off with something bigger than a subcompact. A SC is always going to tradeoff a degree of performance for convenience. That's why my PF9 would be about the last pistol I'd reach for in a home defense situation, even if I carry it quite a bit and can shoot it adequately.
I was actually kind of shocked (see link below) to see that I shoot the Glock 27 better than I shoot my Glock 17. I guess I'm lucky to more accurate with the sub-compact.

First 18 Rounds With Glock 27

Old 08-31-2011, 11:59 AM   #12
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5740 Times on 2999 Posts
Likes Given: 380

Subcompact guns need frequent spring changes every 500 roumds or so. They arent designed to shoot lots and lots. Most will.go.the distance but you have to be mindful of maintanence and do frequent inspections.

There just is not enough slide mass. Thats why they have strong springs. Ill fire 50 rounds thru my colt new agent now and then for familiarization but the manual of arms is the same as my full.size series 70

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...