FANTASTIC new pistol from Taurus! - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > FANTASTIC new pistol from Taurus!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-04-2011, 12:26 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

I will never again do business with Taurus. I bought a gun from them that was not only defective, it was dangerously so. That alone would not make me avoid a company. Any company can make a bad gun. But the problems with this gun were inexcusable. The nature of the problems made it clear that gun had NEVER been test fired. Then, when I contacted customer service, I got the runaround. They told me the gun's serial number indicated it was several months old. Therefore they were convinced it was a used gun. I had to fax them paperwork to prove I had just purchased it NIB, from a local dealer. Then it took three months before I finally got all my issues resolved. I dumped that piece of junk. I'll never buy another.

Old 11-04-2011, 12:33 PM   #22

Liked 3 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by purehavoc View Post
Was this the compact or the standard model ? I have been looking at one of these but havent pulled the trigger , was looking for some reviews
Oh and how was the trigger pull ?
Thanks
PH
It was the standard model. The trigger pull was about 7lbs (estimated as I don't carry my trigger scale in my range bag). It was rough at the start, but smoothed out toward the end of my shooting with it. If you have shot a Ruger SR9 or SR40....you have felt a very similar trigger. It is a MUCH better trigger than a SIGMA.

It has second-strike capability, though that's not important to me in the least. If I pull the trigger and get a "click" I tap-rack-bang so fast your head will spin...but there you have it.

I like the gun.

Old 11-05-2011, 05:07 AM   #23

Liked 20 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Quote:
I bought a gun from them that was not only defective, it was dangerously so.
The last pistol I bought was an XDm that was exactly like that. It doubles on me fairly often. I'll have to get it fixed before I can do anything with it except use it for a night stand gun. They all make some bad guns from time to time. Some companies get a bad rap for whatever reason. I saw 2 guys post about 500 times about a shotgun and how awful it was. They said it would rust and shells would stick all the time and they said it over and over and over. Before long 100 people on that board were saying it. One guy was a total newbie one week asking for help buying his first gun and the next week he was lecturing me on how bad my shotgun is. And I had been shooting about 45 years at the time. I grew up on a farm with a trap range on it and the only trap machine in 100 miles (it was a long time ago). Yet he told me I needed to learn something about shotguns. I knew more about shotguns by the time I was 10 than he will know in his whole life. Those instant experts are something else. Well I've had that same shotgun they were dogging so much for 5 years now and it doesn't have a speck of rust on it and it cycles perfectly all the time. So much for hype.

Last edited by Jeff56; 11-05-2011 at 05:11 AM.

Old 11-05-2011, 05:25 AM   #24

Liked 20 Times on 13 Posts
Likes Given: 147

What is the plural form of Taurus?

Old 11-05-2011, 06:43 AM   #25

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent_H
What is the plural form of Taurus?