Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > experience with the beretta nano?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-10-2012, 11:44 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default experience with the beretta nano?

hi everyone. i'm thinking of getting the beretta nano for ccw. however i've been reading much about the fte / ftf problems its owners have been reporting. has anyone had any experience with this gun and if so, have you had any reliability issues with it? thanks for your input.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 10-10-2012, 01:41 PM   #2

Liked 2149 Times on 1450 Posts
Likes Given: 1172

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krisms View Post
hi everyone. i'm thinking of getting the beretta nano for ccw. however i've been reading much about the fte / ftf problems its owners have been reporting. has anyone had any experience with this gun and if so, have you had any reliability issues with it? thanks for your input.
Know nothing about it but if i were concidering a new CCW & read more than a few bad reviews i think i'd keep looking
Course reviews on the internet are like apples in a barrel- Keep looking & you'll find one that suits you

Texan By Birth & Choice
USMC/VIET NAM VET

Old 10-10-2012, 02:30 PM   #3

Liked 7 Times on 6 Posts

I test shot the nano, lc9 and walther pps about a month ago. All were good firearms. I chose amd purchased the pps as I shot it the best, but the nano is also a fine weapon. I believe their.are.so extended mags coming out soon for the nano through Beretta also. Good luck....

Old 10-12-2012, 09:08 PM   #4

I have had a Nano for a month or so and really like it. Like most people I tend to not write good reviews, only bad ones (trying to say most people will only write a review or go on message board and complain about a gun if They had a bad experience.)

My experience-- shot 200 rounds or so through it with a variety of ammo. The only FTE was one round of Blazer Brass 124 grain. Most people recommend good quality ammo of at least 124 grains. Try to stay away from cheap 115 grain.

I like How it holds and has a good crisp trigger that isn't too long in my opinion. Good gun for the money in my opinion.

Old 10-13-2012, 02:18 AM   #5

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

i really like the gun. the only thing that hinders me is i can't seem to find a consistent trend in reviews. some would vouch for the gun and say it's reliable. others are saying they keep getting ftf/fte. thanks for sharing your first hand experience.

Old 10-13-2012, 02:36 AM   #6

Likes Given: 1

I have a LC9, M&P Shield, and I've shot my friends Nano I love the Nano it's a toss up between what I like best but the Nano shot great. It's heavy enough to contain the recoil but not too heavy, like the trigger pull on it better then the others. Never experienced a FTF or FTE while I shot and to my knowledge neither has he. If you can find one it's a great gun try it out.

Old 10-14-2012, 12:41 AM   #7

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

i apologize in advance for this boring novel... but i'm hoping that some, if not all folks, will find value in my experience.

so i just came back from the range and rented the nano. i was so excited and was positive that no fte/ftf issue will ever happen like what the other folks were reporting. first pull of the trigger, my world came crumbling... the gun didn't go bang!!! i was using my lgs' 9mm 115gr ammo. the brand was something not familiar to me. i re-chambered the ammo then pulled the trigger... what?! no bang still??? so i thought it's just bad ammo but i was curious so i fed it to my glock 19, pulled the trigger and gun fired just fine. okay, i thought it probably was just a poor primer that had to get hammered so many times. the next 5 rounds shot fine. filled the mag, racked the gun and pulled the trigger... no way?! nothing again. i called my lgs' armorer and he made me fire the gun again. same result. he looked at the round and said the primer's not even being hit. he had to take the gun and before i left, i saw that he was still inspecting the nano. they didn't charge me for renting it.

needless to say, i was so surprised and shocked on how this nano awfully performed. it just totally changed my mind on this gun and would now look for something else. i'm just glad that it did not happen to me during a self defense situation.