Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Everyone says don't get a 9mm??

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-07-2012, 06:44 AM   #571
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstarlin23 View Post
I've been looking to get a 9mm semi automatic pistol(Walther p99qa). Everyone keeps telling me not to get a 9mm instead get a 40 or 45. What do you think about this statement?
I have all three calibers, and a .357 Sig, and think the nine is fine, with a caveat.

The caveat being that high quality ammunition of my choice be what is loaded in the gun. While I pay attention to all my handgun loads I am most critical of what goes in the 9mm.

Old 04-08-2012, 01:27 PM   #572

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1HotMama View Post
If my Glock could open jars and reach high shelves I wouldn't need a boyfriend! Lol
Obviously you have a 9mm cause my 45 will open any jar or can around as long as I do my part. As for reaching high shelves, why are you letting your shelves get high?I would think if you just nicked the rim you could get them down.

Old 04-08-2012, 01:34 PM   #573

Anyone want to volunteer for my 9mm target practice?? Ya know, just to test "stopping power"?

Old 04-08-2012, 01:42 PM   #574

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

For the love of god people let this thread die! There is nothing wrong with having a 9millie, end of story. It depends on what you want in a gun that should determine the caliber.

When they kick out your front door, how you gonna come. With your hands on your head or on the trigger of your gun?

Guns of Brixton- The Clash

Old 04-08-2012, 01:55 PM   #575

Liked 41 Times on 28 Posts
Likes Given: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenney View Post
For the love of god people let this thread die! There is nothing wrong with having a 9millie, end of story. It depends on what you want in a gun that should determine the caliber.
Kenney, I agree, maybe it is time to pull the plug and let this thread take its last breaths. I also say let people shoot what they want. It is important that people be familiar, comfortable and proficient with whatever firearm they choose to use for their protection.

Old 04-08-2012, 01:58 PM   #576
FAA licensed bugsmasher
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2008 Times on 1090 Posts
Likes Given: 724

Have to agree. If anyone actually thinks there is something more of value to add, make your argument for reopening the thread.

Scott

Quote:
If you're not representing Jesus in a way that makes people want to hang out with you, you're doing it wrong.
Quote:
Those who refuse to participate in politics shall be governed by their inferiors. -Plato
Regent Holdings What you need to know about silver, gold, and the economy.

Join the NRA

Closed Thread