Even hk has a striker fired pistol now
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns >

Even hk has a striker fired pistol now

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-10-2014, 12:03 AM   #1
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 139 Times on 104 Posts

Default Even hk has a striker fired pistol now

http://modernserviceweapons.com/?p=9149
I am very interested in this gun especially with this price point. I just may have a glock for sale. This vp9 looks sort of like a striker fired p30 but more like a ppx/p30 combination. I just hope the trigger is comparable to the ppq or why bother. And yes I know hk was the first to have striker fired guns, but this is their first modern striker at a "budget price"

Never enough guns or ammo

Last edited by jjones45; 06-10-2014 at 02:20 AM.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 06-11-2014, 11:53 PM   #2
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 6820 Times on 3623 Posts
Likes Given: 513

from 1976 to 2007 hk produced and sold probably the finest striker fired pistol to hit the market.

the HK P7 and its on my want list. if you want an hk striker get the p7 if you can find one. other than that go with the xdm or xds.

Even hk has a striker fired pistol now - Semi-Auto Handguns

one of the issues i have with the glock and M&P and its a deal killer is there is no real safety mechanism. anything gets in the trigger guard its going off. i dont see a safety on the new hk either.

i wish ya luck with it.
"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

"I crapped my pants to avoid the draft!!" -Ted Nugent

Last edited by JonM; 06-11-2014 at 11:58 PM.
Pasquanel Likes This 
Old 06-12-2014, 12:23 AM   #3
Proud to be an American
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1079 Times on 503 Posts
Likes Given: 552

There is a local story of a guy using a public rest room in a fast food restaurant and hanging his Glock on one of those wooden peg hat/coat racks. Supposedly the gun went of and emptied the entire mag. Again I cannot verify this but with a gun with a relatively light trigger pull and no safety other than the trigger flipper I believe this could happen. If anyone would care to try this I'll buy the ammo I'm just curious, just not that curious!

Old 06-12-2014, 04:42 AM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

I just don't believe in a gun is unsafe because of no external or grip safeties. Sigs and revolvers have been safe for years and now everybody fears guns that go bang when you pull the trigger. Good holster and practices and you'll be safe. ND's are always from improper handling of firearms, like trying to hang a gun by the trigger guard. The real only unsafe disadvantage of glock like pistols in my opinion is if you're dropping the gun and trying to catch it and somehow pull the trigger in your catching motion. But then again proper training can prevent that as well.

Old 06-19-2014, 09:15 AM   #5

Liked 2220 Times on 1525 Posts
Likes Given: 820

The HK is everything I dislike about a Glock x10. I don't like the Glock fingergrips. The HK has giant fingergrips. I don't like the Glock stippling. The HK is stippled like mad. I think I will pass no matter what the price might be.

Glock out sells Sig Sauer 100 to 1 anytime you have that many more pistols on the market you are bound to have more accidents.

I really like the looks and style of a sig 238. It's SA pistol with an 8lb trigger pull. I had to pass on that. If I am going to pay $600 for a micro pistol it has to have a decent trigger.

Old 06-20-2014, 01:08 AM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_Deer View Post
The HK is everything I dislike about a Glock x10. I don't like the Glock fingergrips. The HK has giant fingergrips. I don't like the Glock stippling. The HK is stippled like mad. I think I will pass no matter what the price might be.

Glock out sells Sig Sauer 100 to 1 anytime you have that many more pistols on the market you are bound to have more accidents.

I really like the looks and style of a sig 238. It's SA pistol with an 8lb trigger pull. I had to pass on that. If I am going to pay $600 for a micro pistol it has to have a decent trigger.
Have you held a hk p30? Feels better in the hand than any glock any day..of the week. The finger groves are not intrusive like the glocks. I don't really see this gun being that much better than my m&p9 so I will probably wait for a vp45 if it ever comes out. I just don't understand why hk doesn't up their magazine capacities. I know it's not necessary, just a preference

Old 06-20-2014, 04:08 AM   #7
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 115 Times on 70 Posts

I think the VP9 will sell very well for HK. And, at its very reasonable MSRP, it'll put HKs in the hands of folks who have never owned one of their pistols before.

Striker-fired handguns without external safeties are fine. The best safety is the one between your ears. NDs occur because somebody broke one or more of the basic safety rules for handling firearms. It's not the gun's fault that some owners are numbskulls.

The VP9 and VP40 are on my short list.

Sent from my iPad using Firearms Talk