Empty gun after firing.

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Empty gun after firing.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-30-2012, 02:32 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default Empty gun after firing.

I noticed a few shooters at the range doing a routine to clear there weapon after shooting. They would drop the magazine, rack the slide a few times and dry fire the weapon down range just to be sure. Then open the action and do visual. Is this typical and good practice. I am considering copying it, as a means of being sure the weapon is empty and clear. These were pretty good shooters, not cowboys and appeared to be very safety conscious as I am.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-30-2012, 02:36 AM   #2

Liked 280 Times on 201 Posts
Likes Given: 2

I do the same thing with my oldladys glock just to make sure. And i open the cylinder on my gp100 because when we go to the range we usually share a lane. And it only takes ten seconds out of our time to make sure they are not loaded.

Old 01-30-2012, 02:48 AM   #3

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I am really careful now because a 22 was left loaded by a friend and when I got home to clean it pulling it out of the case it got caught and shot a hole through my 2in. Wood desk leg and was logged in my plaster wall.
So gun safety is #1 priority and that was a reminder luckily no one was hurt.

Old 01-30-2012, 03:17 AM   #4

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Absolutely I empty my guns and visually verify after shooting. I also visually verify the state of any gun that is handed to me. Or any gun that I am about to hand to someone else. Or any gun I pick up that has been out of my sight.

There are two types of gun owners. Those that have experienced an accidental discharge. And those who are going to. It only takes a split second lapse for it to happen. So everything you can do to drill safety into your routine is a good thing. Do it until it becomes automatic.

Old 01-30-2012, 03:26 AM   #5
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8744 Times on 3779 Posts
Likes Given: 1341

Please do not duplicate threads- wait for da answers-

<--- Your Moderators at our weekly Troll Hunt

Closed Thread