Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Eaa witness series

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-22-2012, 11:45 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Eaa witness series

I'm looking at an EAA Witness Elite. It would be my daily carry fun plus my range fun... Any thoughts/concerns before I buy

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 11-22-2012, 12:08 PM   #2

Liked 133 Times on 108 Posts
Likes Given: 43

The original witness was a piece of pot metal crap. This gun is made by Tanfoglio, a competition gun maker. There isn't a lot of information out there on this gun. You might find more information on it by searching Tanfoglio Stock II.

"I do not aim with my hand; I aim with my eye. He who aims with his hand has forgotten the face of his father.
I do not shoot with my hand; I shoot with my mind. He who shoots with his hand has forgotten the face of his father.
I do not kill with my gun; I kill with my heart. He who kills with his gun has forgotten the face of his father."

Adopt a pet!! http://www.aspca.org/ Some of the finest pleasure horses come from here: http://www.canterusa.org/

Old 11-22-2012, 12:32 PM   #3

Liked 209 Times on 168 Posts
Likes Given: 15

No pot metal in older or new The witness elit match is a great buy and finely accurate. Buy as a carry gun. Not unless you are one large dud. That is one large heavy steel handgun at over 38oz empty, don't believe the advertized weight. I used one for match play several years back. Great shooter with no issues and a fine factore SA trigger . I ened up with an extra upper for 2 calibers . You can swap upper for a choice of cartidges from 45 , 10mm 40sw, 9mm and 22 and use to be a 38super also. You may need to tune on mags feed lips but not a big issue. A guy that lives over here and shoots world wide for tanfoglio can be found at "henningshootsguns"- http://www.henningshootsguns.com/ For compitition upgrades.

Brian Enoss has a forum with a site also.

Old 11-22-2012, 01:21 PM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2562 Times on 1282 Posts
Likes Given: 243

A Witness Elite what? The Elite series is their match/target gun line. There a a number of guns with Elite in the name, none of which would be considered carry guns.
I have a Witness Elite Match in .45. Nice gun. Way better quality than the price would suggest (no pot metal in sight). That said, it would NOT be my first choice for concealed carry.
If your serious about carrying a Witness, I would suggest you look at the the Witness Steel Compact or the Witness Polymer Compact or Carry models.
http://eaacorp.com/hand-guns/

NRA Life Member

"If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in 5 years there'd be a shortage of sand."
Milton Friedman

Old 11-22-2012, 06:33 PM   #5

Liked 209 Times on 168 Posts
Likes Given: 15

Maybe a glock 34 would do ,13 to 16 oz lighter great range / match / house gun But again to big for carry onless OC but atleast down the road a glock 19 or 26 could fill the CC needs and feel the same. Nothing new to learn.

Old 11-25-2012, 04:14 AM   #6

Thanks all for the great info... The only glock I want is an 18c... After I get my class 3