Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > EAA Witness---any good ?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-26-2012, 01:08 PM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

In Response to Big Gay Al's comment on the difference in the slide..... When I returned my full Size Witness in 45 ACP with a cracked slide, the slide that came back on the gun was a beefier slide than the rounded contours that it came with. Several thousand rounds later and no issues. A side note, I had ordered adjustable sights from EAA over the phone earlier and they did not fit either of the guns I had. When I talked to EAA on the phone I mentioned that I had these adjustable rear sights that would not fit. They suggested I return them with the gun and they would see what could be done. When my gun returned it had the proper adjustable rear sight installed at no charge and another sight in the box that perfectly fit my 9mm Witness, which I installed with no issues. Both of these guns operate great.

Old 05-13-2013, 05:17 AM   #32

Default eaa guns

i just recently got an eaa sarsilmaz k2p in 9mm for 400 and Im very impressed by it for ths price. i have put 1200+ rounds thru it of almost every type of ammo and i havent had a single problem with it. it has a very smooth action and a very comfortable 1911 grip and is just an all around great gun. although what i wanted to ask is i went to a local dealer in Illinois and was told eaa will no longer warranty guns in Illinois due to the state ban the sell of eaa due to the guns malfunctioning because the slide is made of potmetal. has anyone heard of this . all feedback welcome

Old 05-13-2013, 02:21 PM   #33

Likes Given: 6

@caz1989
I have never heard of that Ill issue.
Being left handed, EAA Witness, HK USP, Ruger SRxx, CZ99(EZ99/40) and XD models seem to fit me the best.
Now I have Yugo Mausers for hunting rifles. These seem to shoot well and fit the best for me.
For handguns I have CZ/EZ/9/99/40 and XDs. These shoot well for me. I have never had a problem with these yet. But if I ever do, I only have to deal with Arsenal and Springfield. I will NEVER deal with EAA again for anything. Its a shame because the witness pistols for me were very accurate.

Old 05-13-2013, 07:38 PM   #34

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by caz1989 View Post
i just recently got an eaa sarsilmaz k2p in 9mm for 400 and Im very impressed by it for ths price. i have put 1200+ rounds thru it of almost every type of ammo and i havent had a single problem with it. it has a very smooth action and a very comfortable 1911 grip and is just an all around great gun. although what i wanted to ask is i went to a local dealer in Illinois and was told eaa will no longer warranty guns in Illinois due to the state ban the sell of eaa due to the guns malfunctioning because the slide is made of potmetal. has anyone heard of this . all feedback welcome
The EAA pistol slides are not made of pot metal. As for the rumor about EAA not honoring their warranty, I suggest you contact them directly. I'd also recommend checking with other dealers about the availability of EAA pistols in Illinois.

I'd start with the list of Illinois dealers from EAA's website, here:
http://www.eaacorp.com/dealer/findit.php

The only issue I've ever heard that anyone had with EAA, was with their customer service. Most say it sucks. Myself, I had one occasion to use their customer service, and I can't really complain about it.

Big Gay Al
coordinator, Michigan Pink Pistols
"Of course I carry a gun, you would too if you were called Big Gay Al"

Old 05-13-2013, 11:55 PM   #35

Liked 20 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 2

i was going to get me a eaa windicator 357 mag revolver a few years ago. i asked the gun shop guy if he had 38+p as i wasn't going to shoot very many 357 anyways. he said it would void the warranty this a 357 mag right? yes it is he said. i decided to call eaa. guess what?, the lady said +p will void warranty even in a 357. she switched me to a service tech who knew about all this as he had calls before. said it was eaa policy that if +p is used it voids even if 38+p has less pressure than 357. i didn't get the gun because any company should not tell you not to use 38+p in a 357.

Old 05-14-2013, 12:21 AM   #36

Likes Given: 6

So let me see if I get this strait?

IN MY OPINION, NOT ONLY IS THEIR CUSTOMER SERVICE BAD, BUT THEY SELL WEAK GUNS?

Isn't 38+p still within SAAMI specs?

I THINK I WILL BUY EAA NOTHING!!!

Old 05-14-2013, 11:43 PM   #37

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by old fart View Post
i was going to get me a eaa windicator 357 mag revolver a few years ago. i asked the gun shop guy if he had 38+p as i wasn't going to shoot very many 357 anyways. he said it would void the warranty this a 357 mag right? yes it is he said. i decided to call eaa. guess what?, the lady said +p will void warranty even in a 357. she switched me to a service tech who knew about all this as he had calls before. said it was eaa policy that if +p is used it voids even if 38+p has less pressure than 357. i didn't get the gun because any company should not tell you not to use 38+p in a 357.
I agree, that's a stupid rule. But, I never tell anyone what I'm going to shoot in any pistol I have. So that wouldn't bother me in the slightest. I would find out what ammo is recommended, and what isn't. Beyond that, I'd not tell anyone what I intend to shoot in any weapon that I bought. It's none of their business.

To be honest here, I've looked at the Windicator, I think it's too ugly. But, that's just my opinion.

Big Gay Al
coordinator, Michigan Pink Pistols
"Of course I carry a gun, you would too if you were called Big Gay Al"

Old 05-20-2013, 12:20 AM   #38
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5075 Times on 2887 Posts
Likes Given: 4239

I have an EAA Witness in 10MM. Nice weapon. Accurate and reliable. I've run about 800-1000 rounds through it.

I don't think that I would hesitate to recommend it for a CCW weapon.

But for the person that shoots 200-300 rounds power week, I'd say go to a more expensive, higher quality weapon

"Politics is the art of the possible" Otto von Bismarck.

Old 05-20-2013, 02:31 AM   #39

Liked 9 Times on 7 Posts

I bought a 9mm Witness Carry this winter. The gun has been flawless. I shoot several hundred lead reloads through it each week and I have never had a single malfunction. Not one. The gun is accurate and reliable and I can't complain about the price - $339 shipped.

Old 05-31-2013, 12:57 PM   #40

First of all DMW 98, we get it, u now hate EAA u dont need to say it in every single post. Second, I own an EAA witness .40 S&W from 1979. Serial starts with AE. It was passed down to me from my grandfather. It has well over 10,000 rounds through it as it has been shot regularly every weekend since he got it before i was born. No cracks, no breakage, no damage at all. Granted it is a full size steel frame made to be a duty pistol unlike the polymer crap now a days but that being said i feel that its an absolutely fantastic weapon of immesuarable quality. As for the issues with EAA, dont blame them, blame Tangfolio, they made the gun. I havent dealt with EAA customer service yet but i will find out when i ask them to import a MP-443 for me from one of their manufacturers.