EAA Witness---any good ? - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > EAA Witness---any good ?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-22-2010, 12:24 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Davis View Post
I've seen most of those posts, but decided it was a very small sample and mostly 10 mm.

Your advise is sound on the spring, and I'll sure consider it.

My gunsmith (doesn't sell guns) agrees with me, so I decided to take the chance.

Who knows maybe he was looking for more work
When I started looking into the crack problems about 5-6 years ago it seemed nearly all the reports were in 10mm, so my friend bought the 9mm that cracked the frame insert above. We both figured he could avoid the crack and eaa's not so pleasant customer service with it being a polymer frame and in 9mm. I haven't seen or read about another frame insert failing like the one above in any caliber. We just decided it was his/our bad luck to get this one, I'm sure there's others out there but it's probably very, very few.

I do believe the 9mm witness has fewer if not just a few cracked slides, the majority of them are the 10mm and 45. If I were to buy a witness it would be in 9mm and I would replace the recoil spring from the start, I would just feel a little more confident in it. After about 600-800 rounds I would quit worrying about it though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HKSlinger View Post
Customer service? What is this customer service you speak of? Oh yeah,I shoot an H&K. I don't need it.......... Sorry,couldn't help my self.
Sadly, that's been my experience with them off and on for about 8-10 years. Some people have had decent service and other say it's been excellent, but all of my conversations were irritating to say the least. A couple were down right hostile.

Old 04-01-2011, 12:35 PM   #22

Default EAA Witness

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyM View Post
Thanks oldandslow----every detail does help. I know nothing about the gun and all input is welcome. Poor customer service is a very poor recommendation for EAA.
Customer service is horrible, and enough to make me not recommend the firearm. I wonder if the owner of the company knows>

Old 04-01-2011, 01:01 PM   #23
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1262 Times on 709 Posts
Likes Given: 534

I bought a Witness 45 polymer at a gun show about a year ago, but only had one mag. I called EAA customer service to obtain a couple extra mags. and all went fine, but that is not repair service.

I have only run about 50 rounds through the gun, but no complaints. I had one fail to fire, but I believe that was the ammo, which was a local manufacturer not a name brand.

Old 04-07-2011, 12:32 AM   #24

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

Gee Whiz.... lets see here; I've got not one, not two, but three, count em three 10mm Witness pistols. I shoot a 200gr jhp bullet over 14gr of AA9 for over 1200 fps and that is in all three pistols, a full size, a compact and one Elite Match. Had a misfire problem from a bound up firing pin in the elite match and sent it to Florida to EAA. They fixed it, cleaned it and sent it back in about three weeks with a "gift" of an extra magazine. I'm a happy camper and won't bad mouth EAA. Sorry, I just get tired of the same old cool-aid day after day.

Old 04-14-2011, 10:50 PM   #25

The EEA looks like a CZ SP-01. Is there any connection?

Old 04-14-2011, 11:04 PM   #26
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5734 Times on 3360 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by amygdala View Post
The EEA looks like a CZ SP-01. Is there any connection?
I was thinking it was a knock-off by Tanfoglio, like some of the other EAA guns.

Wow, this thread is dusty!

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 05-02-2011, 06:29 PM   #27

Hello, I'm about to "test" EAA's customer service. I bought a 10mm match full size recently, and am having the misfire issue mentioned above. Hopefully, a firing pin rubdown will do the trick. I had it in my head that maybe the automatic firing pin block was not disengaging, intermittantly. Whatever... hope it get's handled without too much heartache. I would be very happy if they throw a magazine in for good measure. Strong, flat shooting, accurate gun.

I will say though, this is the first new handgun I've ever had a problem with right out of the box.

Hindsight is making me second guess my choice not to purchase the Glock 20.

Old 05-12-2011, 05:57 AM   #28

Liked 5 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 5

I had a Witness in .45ACP which I later converted to 10mm with one of EAA's conversion kits. I loved the pistol, but needed cash so sold it. I believe part of the problem came about when Tanfoglio started making the slides with less metal than the earlier versions. The apparent difference is the slide has a more rounded look, and less metal than the previous one which was a bit more blockier looking.

In any event, I too have heard horror stories about EAA's customer service. I almost wish it were possible to bypass EAA and go straight to Tanfoglio.

Big Gay Al
coordinator, Michigan Pink Pistols
"Of course I carry a gun, you would too if you were called Big Gay Al"

Old 07-20-2012, 11:39 PM   #29

I have a full size 45acp and 9mm. Incredible shooters. The Slide on the 45 did crack. I sent it back an they replaced the slide with a newer heavier design. There have not been any issues since then. My only complaint and its not really a complaint, is that both guns throw the brass forward. At the indoor range where I shoot if the brass goes over the desk you can not retrieve it. The guns have the best grip for double stack mag I have found. But they are based on the CZ 75B Frame. I have been looking for one in 38 Super but would hate to loose that brass.

Old 07-26-2012, 04:01 AM   #30

Liked 9 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 3

I like my EAA Match Elite

And my standard EAA Witness

Both have been accurate & dependable

Nary a problem at all.