Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > EAA Witness in 9mm.....worth it?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-28-2013, 01:33 AM   #31
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 156 Times on 115 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrontierTCB View Post

Not sure .40 is any "better" than 9 or .45 it's just what I prefer in my semi autos. I just try to stay with a handful of calibers in handguns and long guns so I can use the same ammo in several different weapons. I have a lot of $$$ in .40 boxes setting in my gun room and 0 9mm so buying a 9 is not something I'm really interested in.
I was just curious, I know every caliber has different things its better at. My grandfather has an old sig in 40 that I would love to have someday.

Old 02-26-2013, 03:46 AM   #32

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 2

I have an Full-Size EAA Witness 10mm, and I absolutely love it. Awesome gun.

Old 04-06-2013, 04:41 AM   #33

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_Deer View Post

I am reporting what I saw. I am happy you are satisfied with your gun. The EAA pistols I have seen are on par with a Hi Point. I have to admit I haven't looked closely because I have no interest in owning an EAA pistol. There are many weapons with a great reputation and proper fit and finish for the same price or less.
Sounds like original frontier gibberish. Mine is a Witness P in 9mm. It has functioned perfectly and is quite accurate, much like my CZ P07. Both great guns based on the same overall design.
Old 04-06-2013, 05:49 AM   #34

Liked 9 Times on 7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lnfesq1911 View Post

Sounds like original frontier gibberish. Mine is a Witness P in 9mm. It has functioned perfectly and is quite accurate, much like my CZ P07. Both great guns based on the same overall design.
I agree. My son just bought an EAA Witness P Carry 9mm last month. It seems like an excellent gun thus far. It's reliable and accurate. It's eaten up everything we've fed it without a problem. The best part is he bought it for $329 shipped.

Old 04-06-2013, 01:36 PM   #35

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_Deer View Post
Would you buy a jennings? The EAA witnesses I have seen were made of pot metal and had poor fit and finish. Including such nasties as chunks of slag in the rail. Unless EAA has really improved the witness a Jennings is just as good as a any pistol. A pot metal pistol is a pot metal pistol. Pot metal is OK for 22 LR and other low pressure cartridges but not self defense calibers.
I'm with lnfesq1911 on this. I'm not sure where John_Deer has "seen" the EAA Witnesses, but he obviously does not own one and has likely never even handled one--or maybe he's mistaking another gun for a Witness. I bought my full-size 10mm in 2005 and it is of the highest quality--I'd trust it with my life without hesitation. Also notable is that EAA is an importer--not a manufacturer. They import guns at a full range of price points, and the quality of one model/manufacturer may not necessarily be that of another manufacturer. The Witness series happen to be Tanfoglios from Italy and are common sport and police sidearms throughout Europe. They are FAR from junk.

Last edited by canoetripper; 04-06-2013 at 01:46 PM.
rachilders Likes This 
Old 04-09-2013, 03:52 AM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by canoetripper View Post
I have an Full-Size EAA Witness 10mm, and I absolutely love it. Awesome gun.
I have the Full SIze EAA Witness .40
love the overall feel and balance in my large hands.