Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > EAA/Tangfolio worth the buy?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-13-2011, 04:55 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default EAA/Tangfolio worth the buy?

Hey Im new to the site but I figured someone could help me out. I just turned 21 and lookin to buy a first 9mm pistol. I have done countless hours of research and come to the conclusion that for under $350 used the 9mm Eaa Witness is the best bang for buck seeing as it is good quality as well as versatility. My price range is $375. Does anyone have a better thought or anyone had bad expierences with the witness. Thank you

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-13-2011, 06:57 PM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 182 Times on 148 Posts
Likes Given: 20

They've got a pretty solid rep. It's a CZ 75 clone, and the Witness 9/22 (9mm, with an extra upper/mag to shoot 22lr) was on sale here for about $430 about a week ago. Right now it's $500, but it'll probably go back down sooner or later. It'd be a really good gun for a beginner.

A lot of shooters get into the Witness "Match" versions for just a few bucks more. Great triggers on the ones I've shot. If I were in the market for a Witness, I'd definitely prefer their "Wonder" finish. It stands up to the occasional bump and bruise a lot better than the blued versions I've seen.

For home defense, range use, competition, you'd probably be really happy with what EAA has to offer in your price range. But if you have any intentions of carrying it, you might be disappointed in the weight.

Old 12-14-2011, 03:24 AM   #3

Liked 23 Times on 15 Posts
Likes Given: 2

I had a Witness in 9mm years ago and it was a fine pistol. The older ones have a bit smaller frame in 9mm and that might be worth looking into for you. There are also polymer versions available which will help keep the weight down. My wife just bought me a polymer Witness in 10mm. Either way, the grip geometry and low bore axis contribute to a very comfortable and low recoiling pistol. A heck of a lot of gun for the money. One other complication for carry is the dearth of holsters. Still, they can be had. Best bet is probably custom or semi custom kydex. I think I'll go with Raven Tactical for mine. In any case, be sure you have a chance to fire one before you pay.

ETA: Meant to say Raven Concealment (tactical is entirely overused, anyway). Looked at their website and they don't make holsters for the Witness/CZ75.

Last edited by TylerDurden; 12-14-2011 at 03:05 PM.

Old 12-14-2011, 12:25 PM   #4

Liked 117 Times on 79 Posts
Likes Given: 21

If you don't get an honest opinion here you are out of luck - - - glad you are here and a lot of people will try to help you.

Old 12-14-2011, 02:25 PM   #5

Thanks guys. Ill probably be buying my pistol soon. One last question, they say you can change from a 9mm to 10mm on the witness very easily just wondering how true that is?

Old 12-14-2011, 02:50 PM   #6

Liked 23 Times on 15 Posts
Likes Given: 2

The older frames were smaller in 9mm and those are limited to 9mm only. Somewhere around 2004, I think, EAA switched to the same size frame for all calibers. I believe you are correct that you may convert but you should speak with EAA to be sure. Their website lists the conversion kits.

Old 12-14-2011, 06:17 PM   #7

Liked 181 Times on 144 Posts
Likes Given: 6

You want to shy away from many olde witness if your not pistol sharp and can't a problems if one is there. The match is a great shooter and has many options for conversion kits but new or used cost my be higher. here a good site to filp thru . There are some used 9mm sigs in your price range amoung others CDNN Sports, Inc. 2011-4 Catalog

Old 12-14-2011, 08:52 PM   #8

Ill give EAA a call and if your wondering the new witness composite is what I plan on buying full size