DWM Luger question
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > DWM Luger question

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-22-2008, 02:00 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default DWM Luger question

Hi guys, I have just aquired a DWM Luger 30 caliber, serial # 6693, not date stamped with year. Many small rust pits on the side plate, front sights and under the grips. I have repaired and reblued the gun. I would like to know what you think the current value might be and where can I get parts for the gun. Any imput will be appreciated.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 10-22-2008, 02:21 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewman View Post
Hi guys, I have just aquired a DWM Luger 30 caliber, serial # 6693, not date stamped with year. Many small rust pits on the side plate, front sights and under the grips. I have repaired and reblued the gun. I would like to know what you think the current value might be and where can I get parts for the gun. Any imput will be appreciated.
-

I do not doubt what you say, it's difficult without seeing the pistol but a good deal less than before you reblued it............

Old 10-22-2008, 02:28 PM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 54 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewman View Post
Here you go:

http://www.luger-genesis.com/automatic_pistol_archives.php

Old 02-09-2011, 11:52 AM   #4

Liked 36 Times on 30 Posts

Because you reblued the gun you dropped the value considerably by doing so. You may have turned a $2k gun into a $300 shooter.

Lugers are a hard gun to price esp without any pictures of the real gun. Your best bet would be to take it to someone who knows Lugers and have them price it. telling them you Cold blued the gun (More than likely they will know right off the bat).

Old 02-09-2011, 02:27 PM   #5
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 9509 Times on 4092 Posts
Likes Given: 1492

Bekami- first, welcome to the forums. Stop over by the intro section, and say hi.

About your Luger- we can't see the pictures- When you are composing a message, look right above the text- see the white smiley face? To the right of that is a paperclip- use that to attach photos. Next, please understand you post is the equivalent of "I have a Ford car. It is blue. What is it ?" Serial numbers are NOT unique to only one gun- and by themselves usually convey little or no info.

Give us some good photos, a description (we do not even know what caliber YOUR Luger is in) and ALL MARKINGS on the gun- and you have a MUCH better chance of getting a meaningful answer.

What we have here is... failure- to communicate.

Old 02-09-2011, 03:57 PM   #6
Retired
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3097 Times on 1780 Posts
Likes Given: 1320

C3- bekami has pic posted in his profile. I've also been talking to him in "Intro's", and he has been send the same questions to other parts of the FTF.

Although it looks like a nice Luger, I am somewhat skeptical. S/N 4901, yet there is the word "GERMANY' engraved / stamped in.

Amendment II:
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Life Member NRA
Life Member NAHC
Former President of the ECPT (Eifel Combat Pistol Team)