This dude is at it again - Page 6
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > This dude is at it again

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-09-2014, 03:52 PM   #51
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 113 Times on 85 Posts

Check this out. Maybe nobody got hurt but we don't know for sure
http://youtu.be/eE5trZ8VD-k

Old 01-09-2014, 05:10 PM   #52

Liked 12 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 9

I'm pretty sure he didn't get hurt if he fired the whole box. Lol. I have 2 EMP and I've accidentally fired a 9 mm in my 40 once. Didn't rupture the casing though, just flared it and didn't eject. Started being much more careful with my ammo after that.

Old 01-09-2014, 05:36 PM   #53

Liked 113 Times on 85 Posts

Yeah I was being a little sarcastic about that person getting hurt but as you can see there was some serious potential. Maybe they wanted to shoot 40 out of their 45 to save money. Lol!! Jk

Old 01-09-2014, 05:41 PM   #54
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2066 Times on 1223 Posts
Likes Given: 1007

Quote:
Originally Posted by robocop10mm View Post
The main issue is headspace. The extractor is being forced to act as a head spacing device. Because the bore is so much larger than the bullet, it is unlikely to cause an over pressure problem, but it is VERY likely to damage the extractor. Will it blow up in his face? Probably not. Will it damage the gun? Almost assuredly
I agree, BUT the catch 22 here if the extractor does not have a VERY firm grip on the cartridge it could not fire. If the case head is held firmly enough to the bolt face to fire it should function safely. See the catch 22 here???

An armed society is not always a polite society, but it is a free and safe society!
Self Defense is an absolute and natural right!
Keep your head down and your powder dry!

Old 01-09-2014, 06:16 PM   #55
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2121 Times on 1459 Posts
Likes Given: 793

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad_CCW View Post
This is America, you don't get to violate someone's free speech no matter how inconvenient it is for you, or because they disagree with you, or because they're stupid.

Thanks for the explanation on the extractor. I'm still having trouble visualizing it. Guess I'll go look up some diagrams.

Sent from my Samsung Note 3
Actually your speech is limited just like all the rest of your constitutional rights. You have the right to say anything you please. You also have the right to suffer the consequences of your words. If you yell "fire" in a crowded theater you can expect to be arrested. If you insult Bubba's wife and grab her ass, when he breaks your jaw don't expect the police to protect you. In a case where most officers would have done the same thing all you can expect is lip service. if you get on YouTube and bash the company you work for don't expect to have a job next week.

YouTube takes down videos that are deemed offensive or dangerous all the time. All we need to do is complain loud enough, many of these videos will be deemed dangerous. We do need someone who has better communication skills than myself or Axxe55 to get the job done.

To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. Thomas Paine

Old 01-09-2014, 06:25 PM   #56
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21994 Times on 12402 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_Deer View Post
Actually your speech is limited just like all the rest of your constitutional rights. You have the right to say anything you please. You also have the right to suffer the consequences of your words. If you yell "fire" in a crowded theater you can expect to be arrested. If you insult Bubba's wife and grab her ass, when he breaks your jaw don't expect the police to protect you. In a case where most officers would have done the same thing all you can expect is lip service. if you get on YouTube and bash the company you work for don't expect to have a job next week.

YouTube takes down videos that are deemed offensive or dangerous all the time. All we need to do is complain loud enough, many of these videos will be deemed dangerous. We do need someone who has better communication skills than myself or Axxe55 to get the job done.
personally i will voice my opinions of idiots who do stupid things with gun very loudly is about the limit of what i'm willing to do. those who heed my warnings that doing such things is dangerous and could be potentially damaging to body parts and their life will live to shoot another day. those who don't and continue with such foolish behavoiur will maybe remove themselves from the human gene pool and not procreate making more stupid people.

i have no need to infringe nor do i want to on another person's rights. if stupid people want to say or do stupid things and as long as their actions are not infringing on my rights, or putting myself in danger because of their actions, then i say let them carry on. i will exercise my right to say they are stupid and what they are doing is foolish and possibly dangerous, but please by all means carry on. even stupid people can serve as an example of what not to do with a gun!

Old 01-09-2014, 06:37 PM   #57
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2121 Times on 1459 Posts
Likes Given: 793

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxe55 View Post
personally i will voice my opinions of idiots who do stupid things with gun very loudly is about the limit of what i'm willing to do. those who heed my warnings that doing such things is dangerous and could be potentially damaging to body parts and their life will live to shoot another day. those who don't and continue with such foolish behavoiur will maybe remove themselves from the human gene pool and not procreate making more stupid people.

i have no need to infringe nor do i want to on another person's rights. if stupid people want to say or do stupid things and as long as their actions are not infringing on my rights, or putting myself in danger because of their actions, then i say let them carry on. i will exercise my right to say they are stupid and what they are doing is foolish and possibly dangerous, but please by all means carry on. even stupid people can serve as an example of what not to do with a gun!
One of our members has a signature that sums it up, "Stupid people can't stop themselves from doing dumb things."

I am shocked that Axxe55 and I actually agreed on something.

To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. Thomas Paine

Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 01-09-2014, 06:45 PM   #58
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2066 Times on 1223 Posts
Likes Given: 1007

There is no 'free speech' issue here!
We have a difference of opinion here but nothing else. I have a tendency to look at 'technical' situations like this situation with an open mind sans emotion and apply the knowledge I have acquired over the years to the 'facts'. Some have self imposed 'absolutes' like you are seeing post here. To each his own, but I like to use logic and science to evaluate what this guy did, and even though some think what he did is a 'violation' of their standards I can't see where what he did was in the least bit unsafe. Like I said, unless you have the scientfic background to back you up 'don't try this at home'!!!

An armed society is not always a polite society, but it is a free and safe society!
Self Defense is an absolute and natural right!
Keep your head down and your powder dry!

Last edited by JimRau; 01-09-2014 at 06:48 PM.

Old 01-09-2014, 06:45 PM   #59
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21994 Times on 12402 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_Deer View Post
One of our members has a signature that sums it up, "Stupid people can't stop themselves from doing dumb things."

I am shocked that Axxe55 and I actually agreed on something.
stranger things have happened!

as long as stupid people don't put me in danger and i have warned hem of the consequences of their actions and they want to continue upon that course, then so be it, as my conscience is clear. i did my part. after doing so, i'll be glad to call for an ambulance or the coroner's wagon after the fact. it's not my job or place to tell grown people what to do or not to do.

now if someon'es actions put my health or life in peril of being hurt or killed, then we will have a problem and i will become unhinged and put a stop to such actions immediately in what ever way i feel is needed to keep myself safe.

Old 01-09-2014, 06:56 PM   #60

Liked 21 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 30

As an apprentice gunsmith I can tell you this. Knowing/identifying what caliber/cartridge a firearm is chambered to fire is THE MOST IMPORTANT thing a gunsmith does when safety inspecting a firearm. I would never experiment EVER doing something so foolish. It is my RESPONSIBILTY to tell customers how DUMB that would be. If you are a manufacturer of arms sure go get silly. A customer, NO EFFING WAY!! I'm sorry but unless you are a professional ballistics tester. It is wrong. Gunsmiths do chamber castings, bore measurements to properly identify the caliber/cartridge. If this is so unimportant, why spend so much time teaching/learning a procedure?