dropleg holster
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > dropleg holster

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-12-2012, 10:21 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default dropleg holster

I have a sig p226 and really like the Serpa level 3 holster. Does anybody know if this holster will function with my pistol? I have had people tell me the 226 is similar to other modles(228?). Will this work or should I look at something else and if so what? Thanks for any input.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-12-2012, 11:03 PM   #2

Liked 2179 Times on 1470 Posts
Likes Given: 1191

Quote:
Originally Posted by harold55 View Post
I have a sig p226 and really like the Serpa level 3 holster. Does anybody know if this holster will function with my pistol? I have had people tell me the 226 is similar to other modles(228?). Will this work or should I look at something else and if so what? Thanks for any input.
Do a search for one that is made for YOUR gun

Texan By Birth & Choice
USMC/VIET NAM VET

Old 01-13-2012, 01:40 AM   #3

Blackhawk says YES, but no "foliage green" holster for YOU! Your "as low as" $160 is only good for BLACK!

see: Level 3 SERPA Light Bearing Tactical Holster - BLACKHAWK!

and

Level 3 SERPA Tactical Holster - BLACKHAWK!

Bill

Last edited by Gun_Shy; 01-13-2012 at 01:47 AM.

Old 01-13-2012, 02:36 AM   #4

I've had Serpas in the past, and they are ok, but if I were you, I would do a little research before I bought one. I will tell you that I will not own another.

There have been quite a few instances of NDs where people shot themselves in the leg or foot because of those holsters. It's actually so prevalent that most of the big name schools do not allow their students to use Serpas in their courses. I know Tactical Response is one such school.

Here's a link to a video that talks about it and brings up some good points:

-Fred

"Breathe when you can, shoot when you should."
-Rob Leatham

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"Qui desiderat pacem, bellum praeparat; nemo provocare ne offendere audet quem intelliget superiorem esse pugnaturem"

Old 01-16-2012, 07:57 PM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 20 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 52

I like the Blackhawk Serpa but I also like the Blackhawk Omega VI Ultra Universal Modular Light Holster. Eagle Industries also makes a very good dropleg holster as well. Anyone of these would make a great dropleg holster for you. Good luck.

Old 01-17-2012, 12:30 PM   #6

Liked 163 Times on 115 Posts
Likes Given: 260

Some valid points in the video, I have the Serpa CQC and like it a lot, I loosened up the retention screw some and have no problem with the draw. When I first got it the retention was so tight I can easily see this happening. Training will help out with the trigger finger some but not 100%. I'm not sure if any Kydex holster is perfect for safety during the draw as I have seen others that were far worse than the Serpa. I will have to look at the Safari Land and see for myself.

As for the Sig compatibility I have herd of some having problems finding a holster that will work with their gun.

As always good information here, thanks for posting.

Don't question my right to own a gun and I won't question your stupidity not to.

You give Peace a chance, we will cover you if it doesn't work out.