Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > does a beretta nano take +p ammo?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-14-2012, 10:45 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by locutus

Contact any manufacturer of 9MM handguns and ask them if they their weapons have ever experienced FTF or FTE because of 115 grain ammo.

The answer is no. Review on the net???? Bubba bought a Glock and limp wristed it, so whatever ammo he happened to be shooting won't work in Glocks.
you're entitled to your own opinion and to make decisions for your own self. if you've never had any issues with your nano, then good for you. however, i personally don't discount users' range reviews because more often than not, recalls spawn from issues early adapters report (i.e. glock gen 4 9mm issues that made glock re-issue new ejectors and recoil springs). since a firearm is something you intend to use to save one's life, i tend to be more diligent in knowing what the possible issues are and make decisions from there. i'd rather be safe than sorry. also, it doesn't hurt to share that info to the community in this forum to let others make an informed decision of their own. after all, a life can depend on it... and there's nothing more important than that.

Old 12-14-2012, 07:11 PM   #22

So I got my Nano and first trip to the range fired aprox 150 rounds and had 3 FTE's, 1 stovepipe....

So before my next trip I am going to break the gun down and clean/oil it really well see if I can determine anything.... possibly a break in issue IMO.

Old 12-14-2012, 08:50 PM   #23

Liked 285 Times on 247 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by oli700 View Post

So what’s the big difference if your train with 124 grain fmj and load +p 124 grain hp for SD ? Nothing to shake a stick at that’s what. As long as you know it functions in your weapon and it hits the spot you point it at you know all you need to know about your carry ammo.It is much more important to actually train more, muscle memory and fundamentals .If you want to burn the spendy ammo for no more reason than to say you do it because that’s what you carry in your gun then more power to you but don’t try to make someone feel stupid for doing the sensible thing
Reliability and accuracy to name a couple. I'm not willing to bet any life on the idea that one bullet will act exactly like another from any gun. FMJ is not JHP. I was always told and firmly subscribe to the idea that one ought know, intimately, what he/she places their life in the hands of. I think most would say life is more valuable than "close enough".

Old 12-14-2012, 10:04 PM   #24

Liked 35 Times on 31 Posts
Likes Given: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeyondTheBox View Post
Reliability and accuracy to name a couple.
did you actually read my entire post ?

In that jumble of text I state “ as long as you know it functions in your weapon and you know it hits the spot you aim at”…..what else do you want to know? . I will bet on someone who constantly trains with 115 and carries 124 then someone who occasionally shoots their carry ammo.

Quote:
I'm not willing to bet any life on the idea that one bullet will act exactly like another from any gun. FMJ is not JHP.
Really ? If shooting a butt load of fmj allows you to train more than you have a leg up. The idea is to know what it all does out of your firearm. If you find that 124 fmj from Federal shoots drastically different from the Hornady you carry, change training ammo. If you buy Ranger fmj to train with and shoot Ranger HP there is little to no difference in point of aim or impact. Same with Federal fmj and HST. I know this because I have actually done it.

Quote:
I was always told and firmly subscribe to the idea that one ought know, intimately, what he/she places their life in the hands of. I think most would say life is more valuable than "close enough".
Ok , I see what you are saying here and there is wisdom in your belief. I am not suggesting good enough, I am simply saying know for sure. You are putting yourself in the other side of the fence by just knowing what you carry ammo does. What if someday you only have 147 grain fmj to defend yourself with? You’re not going to know how to shoot it because you have painted yourself into a corner only training with one ammo .

It is very easy and doable to train with a less expensive target ammo that simulates your carry ammo. It is a sound and economical method….anything that alows you more trigger time is a good thing sir

Old 12-14-2012, 11:16 PM   #25

Quote:
did you actually read my entire post ?

In that jumble of text I state “ as long as you know it functions in your weapon and you know it hits the spot you aim at”…..what else do you want to know? . I will bet on someone who constantly trains with 115 and carries 124 then someone who occasionally shoots their carry ammo.

Really ? If shooting a butt load of fmj allows you to train more than you have a leg up. The idea is to know what it all does out of your firearm. If you find that 124 fmj from Federal shoots drastically different from the Hornady you carry, change training ammo. If you buy Ranger fmj to train with and shoot Ranger HP there is little to no difference in point of aim or impact. Same with Federal fmj and HST. I know this because I have actually done it.

Ok , I see what you are saying here and there is wisdom in your belief. I am not suggesting good enough, I am simply saying know for sure. You are putting yourself in the other side of the fence by just knowing what you carry ammo does. What if someday you only have 147 grain fmj to defend yourself with? You’re not going to know how to shoot it because you have painted yourself into a corner only training with one ammo .

It is very easy and doable to train with a less expensive target ammo that simulates your carry ammo. It is a sound and economical method….anything that alows you more trigger time is a good thing sir
This is just all to generalized for me. Not all guns like all ammo and not all ammo performs the same, no matter the bullet weight. Also, speaking for myself here, I shoot standard weight fmj, like 115gr 9mm, but lighter weight jhp, like 95gr 9mm. Same with my 45. I've yet to find 95gr fmj 9mm in any store I shop. Perhaps I'll take a closer look. In any case shot what you want man I'm just offering up a different take on things. Maybe I'm over analyzing, but I'll take over analysis any day when it comes to the protection of life.

I also think you have misread something in my original post, or rather read into what want there. I don't mean for one to shoot only their carry ammo. Just to do so every time they go shooting. Sure go thru a couple boxes of FMJ, but do some defensive rounds too. I do, last two mags each time. But maybe you shoot more often than I do...

Last edited by BeyondTheBox; 12-14-2012 at 11:19 PM.

Old 12-15-2012, 03:04 PM   #26

it’s all good bro....I'm a reloader too so I load all my practice ammo the same as my carry, just different projo's....reloading allows me to shoot about 6- 7 times a month. Currently shooting and learning my first ever Glock....since I am a reloader ....10mm of course lol

Anyway I know there’s no one size fits all and it looks like we practice different that’s all.

What brand 95 gr you using ?

Old 12-15-2012, 04:28 PM   #27

Quote:
it’s all good bro....I'm a reloader too so I load all my practice ammo the same as my carry, just different projo's....reloading allows me to shoot about 6- 7 times a month. Currently shooting and learning my first ever Glock....since I am a reloader ....10mm of course lol

Anyway I know there’s no one size fits all and it looks like we practice different that’s all.

What brand 95 gr you using ?
Lol indeed. I wish I had the patience & attention to learn to reload. I really want to shoot a 10mm too.

I shoot Cor-bon 95gr copper core, lead free 9mm and the same as a 160gr 45acp. I can't find these weights in standard FMJ anywhere.

Old 12-15-2012, 08:18 PM   #28

Quote:
I shoot Cor-bon 95gr copper core, lead free 9mm and the same as a 160gr 45acp. I can't find these weights in standard FMJ anywhere.
I hear they are nice, never shot em...I think it would be fun finding out what fmj shoots like those Corbons, if it were me I would keep trying, pick up different ammo here and there when you can and shoot it back to back with your Corbons.....there is something out there, you might find a 147 that has the same poa/poi .As long as you stay under the cost of those copper loads, your ahead, had fun and a bunch of trigger time figuring it out