Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > does a beretta nano take +p ammo?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-31-2012, 02:15 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 16 Times on 13 Posts
Likes Given: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeyondTheBox View Post
Wurd to ya mutha! Much agreed here. The standard pressure with a reliably expanding hollowpoint tip is all you need.
I don't agree with that. In my eyes, and many others, just about any handgun round is on the weak side for self defense. I'm not saying +P should be all you shoot, but why wouldn't you carry the very best round you can?
Old 12-11-2012, 03:06 AM   #12
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 212 Times on 169 Posts
Likes Given: 116

They won't recommend you use +p because it will prematurely wear down the pistol. But if you fire it only on a rare occasion I can't imagine it being a problem.

Beretta 84FS .380 ACP
Ruger MKIII 22/45 Target .22LR

PWS (Primary Weapons Systems) MK114 5.56

Old 12-11-2012, 03:48 AM   #13

Liked 285 Times on 247 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by forrest225 View Post

I don't agree with that. In my eyes, and many others, just about any handgun round is on the weak side for self defense. I'm not saying +P should be all you shoot, but why wouldn't you carry the very best round you can?
I wouldn't at all consider +P better than standard, that was my point. So the very best is subjective. The very Best is what you shoot well, is reliable and saves your life. Premature wear is not the very best. I practice with my ammo and I won't put my guns through that. They're too old for that kind of punishment anyway. Lol

Old 12-11-2012, 03:51 AM   #14

Liked 285 Times on 247 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by drvsafe View Post
They won't recommend you use +p because it will prematurely wear down the pistol. But if you fire it only on a rare occasion I can't imagine it being a problem.
Why would you only shot the Ammunition that you're asking to possibly save your life on rare occasion? I don't know man, do as you please. I'll do for me and I always err on the side of caution with my prized belongings.

Old 12-12-2012, 03:45 PM   #15
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5485 Times on 3105 Posts
Likes Given: 4763

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krisms View Post
thanks. what i did was called beretta. the armorer told me that they do not recommend +p and +p+ ammo on the nano. on the other hand, i asked also if they would not recommend 115 gr ammo. he said all ammo weight should be fine. i find that interesting considering it's been said in reviews so many times that 115 gr causes fte/ftf.
That is total and absolute BS. I've fired literally tens of thousands of rounds of 115, 115+p and 115 +P+ with no failures of any kind.

In some newer guns with stiff springs, low pressure loads like White Box, UMC, American Eagle will FTE. But that happens with 124 grain and 147 grain as well as 115. The "cure" for that is to shoot the weapon until it's " well broken in" or switch to higher pressure ammo.

For many years the Federal 9BPLE, 115 +P+ was the "standard" load for LE agencies nationwide.

For your Nano, Federal 9BP, 115 grain standard pressure would be hard to beat.

Golda Meier.

Old 12-12-2012, 03:57 PM   #16
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 212 Times on 169 Posts
Likes Given: 116

I read a review of the Nano in December 2012's Shooting Illustrated, it was on the cover. the reviewer shot +P with it, and it performer flawlessly with it. He did mention that prolonged use of +P will prematurely wear out the pistol. If your SD ammo is +P, then I would shoot 124 or 147 gr and occasionally shoot the +P at the range, and still CC the +P.

I am one of the lucky ones that won in this year's FTF 2012 Big giveaway, and I won the Nano! so I look forward to getting it, as it was on my short list of firearms I want to own...I will also be happy to provide a range report once it put it thru its paces.

Beretta 84FS .380 ACP
Ruger MKIII 22/45 Target .22LR

PWS (Primary Weapons Systems) MK114 5.56

Old 12-13-2012, 06:09 AM   #17

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by locutus

That is total and absolute BS. I've fired literally tens of thousands of rounds of 115, 115+p and 115 +P+ with no failures of any kind.

In some newer guns with stiff springs, low pressure loads like White Box, UMC, American Eagle will FTE. But that happens with 124 grain and 147 grain as well as 115. The "cure" for that is to shoot the weapon until it's " well broken in" or switch to higher pressure ammo.

For many years the Federal 9BPLE, 115 +P+ was the "standard" load for LE agencies nationwide.

For your Nano, Federal 9BP, 115 grain standard pressure would be hard to beat.
i'm pretty much just sharing what i've heard from beretta and from what i've read and seen on user reviews and videos. if it works great on your nano, good for you. i don't think it's fair however for you to call it 'total and absolute BS'. for all you know, there could be someone out there who has that same opinion on your comment.
Old 12-13-2012, 10:46 PM   #18
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
i'm pretty much just sharing what i've heard from beretta and from what i've read and seen on user reviews and videos. if it works great on your nano, good for you. i don't think it's fair however for you to call it 'total and absolute BS'. for all you know, there could be someone out there who has that same opinion on your comment.
Contact any manufacturer of 9MM handguns and ask them if they their weapons have ever experienced FTF or FTE because of 115 grain ammo.

The answer is no. Review on the net???? Bubba bought a Glock and limp wristed it, so whatever ammo he happened to be shooting won't work in Glocks.

Golda Meier.

Old 12-13-2012, 10:50 PM   #19
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
thanks. what i did was called beretta. the armorer told me that they do not recommend +p and +p+ ammo on the nano. on the other hand,reviews so many times that 115 gr causes fte/ftf.
i asked also if they would not recommend 115 gr ammo. he said all ammo weight should be fine.[Quote}

Will you believe Beretta???

Golda Meier.

Old 12-14-2012, 12:59 AM   #20

Liked 35 Times on 31 Posts
Likes Given: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeyondTheBox View Post
Why would you only shot the Ammunition that you're asking to possibly save your life on rare occasion? I don't know man, do as you please. I'll do for me and I always err on the side of caution with my prized belongings.
So what’s the big difference if your train with 124 grain fmj and load +p 124 grain hp for SD ? Nothing to shake a stick at that’s what. As long as you know it functions in your weapon and it hits the spot you point it at you know all you need to know about your carry ammo.It is much more important to actually train more, muscle memory and fundamentals .If you want to burn the spendy ammo for no more reason than to say you do it because that’s what you carry in your gun then more power to you but don’t try to make someone feel stupid for doing the sensible thing