does a beretta nano take +p ammo?
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > does a beretta nano take +p ammo?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-24-2012, 03:11 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default does a beretta nano take +p ammo?

my defense ammo is federal hst 9mm 124gr +p. shoots well and fine with my glock 19 gen 4 but i'm also considering the same ammo for my ccw. does anyone know if the beretta nano would be fine firing this hot ammo?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 10-25-2012, 06:42 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krisms
my defense ammo is federal hst 9mm 124gr +p. shoots well and fine with my glock 19 gen 4 but i'm also considering the same ammo for my ccw. does anyone know if the beretta nano would be fine firing this hot ammo?
Also interested in knowing since that it's my next piece I am picking up.

Old 10-25-2012, 07:21 AM   #3

Liked 108 Times on 89 Posts
Likes Given: 219

I would strongly recommend checking the paperwork that came with it, or looking up the info from Beretta's website. It will be in those places and guaranteed to be reliable and accurate.

Old 10-25-2012, 03:12 PM   #4

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

thanks. what i did was called beretta. the armorer told me that they do not recommend +p and +p+ ammo on the nano. on the other hand, i asked also if they would not recommend 115 gr ammo. he said all ammo weight should be fine. i find that interesting considering it's been said in reviews so many times that 115 gr causes fte/ftf.

Old 10-26-2012, 02:15 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krisms View Post
thanks. what i did was called beretta. the armorer told me that they do not recommend +p and +p+ ammo on the nano. on the other hand, i asked also if they would not recommend 115 gr ammo. he said all ammo weight should be fine. i find that interesting considering it's been said in reviews so many times that 115 gr causes fte/ftf.
I know I just got 1000 rounds of 115 gr and plan to test that theory out....

Old 10-26-2012, 03:56 PM   #6

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by K33viper

I know I just got 1000 rounds of 115 gr and plan to test that theory out....
let us know how it turns out.

Old 10-27-2012, 05:32 AM   #7

Liked 68 Times on 53 Posts
Likes Given: 113

I wouldn't use it.

Then again, I generally hate +P ammunition. Doesn't matter what gun you have, it's going to wear it out much faster for pretty much no benefit.

Old 10-27-2012, 06:30 PM   #8

I only use +P with my self defense ammo. Which I shoot out of my pistols maybe once every 6 months just to get a feeling of the recoil. Other than that it's just regular cheap 115 gr plinkin ammo for the range, lets me work on my mechanics/draw which is more important in my mind than getting used to the recoil of a certain gr of bullet.

I'll let you guys know if I have any FTF or any issues with my 115gr that I run through it, it may be awhile though I put the gun on layaway so I can pay it off at the advertised price ($430) instead of the regular ($520), should be running drills with it by the end of November at the LATEST.

Also plan on taking my little girl to the range for the first time when I pick that up so that she can see the difference in Daddy's guns, show her my PX4 Storm, Ruger LC9, and new Nano. Give her a overview of SA SA/DA and Striker Fire, then let her shoot all 3 showing her the difference in trigger pulls, safeties and just basic feel.

I'm really excited about this trip, not only do I get to take my daughter to a (hopeful) new hobby for us, but I'll be picking up my new Nano.

Old 10-27-2012, 08:28 PM   #9

Liked 292 Times on 252 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polygon
I wouldn't use it.

Then again, I generally hate +P ammunition. Doesn't matter what gun you have, it's going to wear it out much faster for pretty much no benefit.
Wurd to ya mutha! Much agreed here. The standard pressure with a reliably expanding hollowpoint tip is all you need.
Old 10-28-2012, 05:10 PM   #10

Liked 97 Times on 68 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krisms
thanks. what i did was called beretta. the armorer told me that they do not recommend +p and +p+ ammo on the nano.
I'm really surprised that in this day and age that any manufacturer would make a gun that doesn't handle +P ammo. I would consider this a serious mark against the NANO.