Does anyone,jnow about the Fn 5-7 - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns >

Does anyone,jnow about the Fn 5-7

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-29-2012, 07:14 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 247 Times on 169 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by canebrake
I would never own one because of this guy;
Whos this guy

Old 03-29-2012, 07:26 PM   #12

Liked 3239 Times on 1624 Posts
Likes Given: 426

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimate_sig View Post
Marshal law
Fair enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimate_sig View Post
Whos this guy
Seriously?
Maj Hasan, the fort hood shooter. I believe it made the news at some point.
NRA Life Member

The hardest thing to explain is the glaringly evident which everybody had decided not to see. - Ayn Rand

Old 03-29-2012, 08:09 PM   #13

Liked 5012 Times on 2430 Posts
Likes Given: 1601

I see no use for one. The 5.7 is, to my knowledge, basically a souped up .22 Magnum.

Really small bullet coming really fast BUT still not fast enough to get the terminal effect you achieve with a 5.56 MM out of a carbine.

IMHO it's a solution in search of a problem. Designed for military support troops to give them a sidearm capable of defeating enemy body armor. Our military did not think it was worth adopting and as Civilians, I don't think we can legally buy the military penetrating ammo it was designed for. I would not trust this round for SD, don't like the 1k price tag, and believe only 1 ammo company currently loads for it. No other gun makers have adopted this chambering so ammo is going to stay expensive and probably be dropped from production in the future.

Personally, I'd pass unless your trading for a gun worth half as much and plan to flip the FN

TACK

Old 03-29-2012, 08:25 PM   #14

Liked 247 Times on 169 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tackleberry1
I see no use for one. The 5.7 is, to my knowledge, basically a souped up .22 Magnum.

Really small bullet coming really fast BUT still not fast enough to get the terminal effect you achieve with a 5.56 MM out of a carbine.

IMHO it's a solution in search of a problem. Designed for military support troops to give them a sidearm capable of defeating enemy body armor. Our military did not think it was worth adopting and as Civilians, I don't think we can legally buy the military penetrating ammo it was designed for. I would not trust this round for SD, don't like the 1k price tag, and believe only 1 ammo company currently loads for it. No other gun makers have adopted this chambering so ammo is going to stay expensive and probably be dropped from production in the future.

Personally, I'd pass unless your trading for a gun worth half as much and plan to flip the FN

TACK
Lmao tradinh for a glock

Old 03-29-2012, 08:39 PM   #15

Liked 53 Times on 43 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by canebrake
I would never own one because of this guy;
Did he make it? No! He was just some loon who unfortunately knew how to use one

Old 03-29-2012, 08:45 PM   #16

Liked 53 Times on 43 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tackleberry1

TACK
I think this pistol has a purpose in the civilian market and it not a good one. Any pistol that can hold 30 rounds and be tucked in the pants is scary to me. Next from what I understand, it is very accurate with very little round drop at 50-100 yards but its not for me.

Old 03-29-2012, 09:08 PM   #17

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jstrong

Yes at least a dollar a bullet last time I saw it

---Shoot To Thrill---
.50 a shot here. Around 26 bucks a box of 50.

Old 03-29-2012, 09:33 PM   #18

Liked 229 Times on 141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by aztman

.50 a shot here. Around 26 bucks a box of 50.
You can find it online for about that much too,but the only times I've seen them at a LGS they were about a buck per round. I'm sure some areas are cheaper

---Shoot To Thrill---

Old 03-29-2012, 09:44 PM   #19

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jstrong

You can find it online for about that much too,but the only times I've seen them at a LGS they were about a buck per round. I'm sure some areas are cheaper

---Shoot To Thrill---
Local here at bass pro when I stocked up recently.

Old 03-29-2012, 10:01 PM   #20

Liked 229 Times on 141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by aztman

Local here at bass pro when I stocked up recently.
I can't buy ammo at basspro anymore,the one here is getting ridiculous with their ammo prices. Cheapest box of 9mm was $21. Steel cased Russian 7.62x39 was $8-9. Just bought enough 7.62x39 to fill every mag I got for $4.90 a box at wallyworld. Their 9mm was $10 and some change

---Shoot To Thrill---

Newest Threads