Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Does anybody know

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-15-2011, 07:55 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Does anybody know

Anybody know why people don't like hipoints I carried one as a P.I. And love mine

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 11-15-2011, 08:02 PM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5731 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

No offense, but you will get better info by searching on hipoints on this forum; it seems there is this same thread every few weeks.

The short-n-sweet is that those who have had them generally like them as functional but ugly and worth what they cost. People who haven't owned one are generally overcome by e-nausea and have heard a LOT of complaints about ergonomics and boat anchor weight and such.

Enjoy it if you like it.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 11-15-2011, 08:41 PM   #3
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5330 Times on 2782 Posts
Likes Given: 339

they are big heavy chunky just like a glock. but unlike a glock they actually work well heh.

i just dont like the ergonomic layout of the controls. i dont like how they point. its hard to get a sight picture quickly with one.

pretty much all my complaints about glocks apply to hi-point pistols.

hipoints work well if they dont the company will fix it for free. they actually have a no hoops no bs warranty.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 11-17-2011, 01:11 AM   #4

They're big, Clunky, they will make everyone at the range laugh if you take one. My thing is that if you want a tool box or tackle box gun where you don't want to get to upset if something happens to it then they work fine. However if you want quality then go ahead and buy something worth buying. Also as I remember they have a ridiculous trigger pull. If you want something to trust your life to then go ahead and spend the extra money for something better.

Old 11-17-2011, 01:13 AM   #5

Liked 9199 Times on 5056 Posts
Likes Given: 74

I love Hi Point. It makes me think "AK of handguns". You can beat it all to hell, and if it sinks to the bottom of a lake while sitting in the tacklebox, then you just lost a little pocket change.

If you beat it to death and it doesn't end up in the bottom of a lake, send it back. They fix it.

Old 11-17-2011, 01:19 AM   #6

Liked 1688 Times on 952 Posts
Likes Given: 1131

They are like the red headed step child of the gun world. Everybody likes to talk carp about them. But the truth is they are a pretty good gun. They are just heavy and bulky. They are not pretty either. But if you are forced to defend yourself someday, nobody is going to care what it looks like. It just has to go bang every time. And they do.

Romans 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile.

Old 11-17-2011, 01:20 AM   #7

Liked 9199 Times on 5056 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick1967 View Post
They are like the red headed step child of the gun world. Everybody likes to talk carp about them. But the truth is they are a pretty good gun. They are just heavy and bulky. They are not pretty either. But if you are forced to defend yourself someday, nobody is going to care what it looks like. It just has to go bang every time. And they do.
And that's the gospel. Take it to the bank.

Old 11-17-2011, 01:17 PM   #8

I have thought about getting one just for fun cause u can get them stupid cheap used. My buddy has one of the 9mm carbines and it is a blast to shoot accurate and never once jammed

Old 11-17-2011, 11:29 PM   #9

Liked 2176 Times on 1468 Posts
Likes Given: 1191

Quote:
Originally Posted by applesauce69 View Post
Anybody know why people don't like hipoints I carried one as a P.I. And love mine
You shud have charged more

Texan By Birth & Choice
USMC/VIET NAM VET