Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Semi-Auto Handguns (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f15/)
-   -   Does anybody know (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f15/does-anybody-know-51851/)

applesauce69 11-15-2011 08:55 PM

Does anybody know

Anybody know why people don't like hipoints I carried one as a P.I. And love mine

orangello 11-15-2011 09:02 PM

No offense, but you will get better info by searching on hipoints on this forum; it seems there is this same thread every few weeks.

The short-n-sweet is that those who have had them generally like them as functional but ugly and worth what they cost. People who haven't owned one are generally overcome by e-nausea and have heard a LOT of complaints about ergonomics and boat anchor weight and such.

Enjoy it if you like it.

JonM 11-15-2011 09:41 PM

they are big heavy chunky just like a glock. but unlike a glock they actually work well heh.

i just dont like the ergonomic layout of the controls. i dont like how they point. its hard to get a sight picture quickly with one.

pretty much all my complaints about glocks apply to hi-point pistols.

hipoints work well if they dont the company will fix it for free. they actually have a no hoops no bs warranty.

rob_6095 11-17-2011 02:11 AM

They're big, Clunky, they will make everyone at the range laugh if you take one. My thing is that if you want a tool box or tackle box gun where you don't want to get to upset if something happens to it then they work fine. However if you want quality then go ahead and buy something worth buying. Also as I remember they have a ridiculous trigger pull. If you want something to trust your life to then go ahead and spend the extra money for something better.

trip286 11-17-2011 02:13 AM

I love Hi Point. It makes me think "AK of handguns". You can beat it all to hell, and if it sinks to the bottom of a lake while sitting in the tacklebox, then you just lost a little pocket change.

If you beat it to death and it doesn't end up in the bottom of a lake, send it back. They fix it.

Rick1967 11-17-2011 02:19 AM

They are like the red headed step child of the gun world. Everybody likes to talk carp about them. But the truth is they are a pretty good gun. They are just heavy and bulky. They are not pretty either. But if you are forced to defend yourself someday, nobody is going to care what it looks like. It just has to go bang every time. And they do.

trip286 11-17-2011 02:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rick1967 (Post 629508)
They are like the red headed step child of the gun world. Everybody likes to talk carp about them. But the truth is they are a pretty good gun. They are just heavy and bulky. They are not pretty either. But if you are forced to defend yourself someday, nobody is going to care what it looks like. It just has to go bang every time. And they do.

And that's the gospel. Take it to the bank.

nccinstaller 11-17-2011 02:17 PM

I have thought about getting one just for fun cause u can get them stupid cheap used. My buddy has one of the 9mm carbines and it is a blast to shoot accurate and never once jammed

HOSSFLY 11-18-2011 12:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by applesauce69 (Post 628450)
Anybody know why people don't like hipoints I carried one as a P.I. And love mine

You shud have charged more :p