Which do you think is the best?

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Which do you think is the best?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-23-2013, 02:29 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Which do you think is the best?

Alright I know I am asking for opinions, and the old saying goes; opinions are like a**holes everyone has one. But I want them anyways.

So I am having a hard time deciding between the XDs 9mm the M&P shield 9mm or a Glock 30s. I already have a Glok 21 hence why I am considering a 30s. Opinions?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 09-23-2013, 02:34 PM   #2

Liked 1069 Times on 752 Posts
Likes Given: 1073

They're all good. Bottom line first... Which caliber do YOU want?

______
The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together. You'll remember the quality of a gun long after you forget how much you paid for it.

Old 09-23-2013, 03:26 PM   #3

Liked 517 Times on 279 Posts
Likes Given: 114

No experience with the XDs or the Glock 30, but I thought the Shield was great. Would consider it for a carry gun in a heartbeat. Good shooter and surprisingly accurate for such a small gun. The Glock 30 seems like an odd choice in there. Why not the 26 since your other choices are 9mm?

"For every problem there is always a solution that is simple, obvious, and wrong." - Mark Twain

Old 09-23-2013, 03:52 PM   #4

Liked 2395 Times on 1401 Posts
Likes Given: 538

I agree with Quentin. All are quality guns, so, whichever feels best to you and fits the role best that you intend to use it in.

Old 09-23-2013, 05:39 PM   #5

The reason for the Glock 30 is I already have a Glock 21 which I carry. It uses the same mags and everything and has the exact same controls so break in period for me would be zilch. Plus I get a huge discount on Glocks.

I am considering the 9mm because I know the wife would like to start carrying as well. I am leaning more and more towards the M&P based on price point and standard features I can get with it.

Old 09-23-2013, 10:24 PM   #6
Retired
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3106 Times on 1785 Posts
Likes Given: 1320

How does the wife feel about the Glock?

Would she prefer something else?

I suggest that for the wife, let her select what she wants. She is more likely to carry "her" handgun than a "hand-me-down".

I would not give my wife my old motorcycle helmet (even if it was the best I ever had), as it may not work for her. And so goes my belief on her handgun.

Amendment II:
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Life Member NRA
Life Member NAHC
Former President of the ECPT (Eifel Combat Pistol Team)

Old 09-24-2013, 03:34 PM   #7

Well we discussed it. She loves Glock but due to children and her own awareness of how much she is going to be distracted she wants something with an external safety. Which I completely agree with even though my primary carry is a Glock.