Do any of you conceal a S&W 4046?
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Do any of you conceal a S&W 4046?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-22-2009, 06:59 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Do any of you conceal a S&W 4046?

I recently bought a S&W .40 Cal 4046 model and I am having a hard time finding very many options for IWB holsters. Each manufacture usually only has one or two options for the 4046 model. If anyone has one and has a IWB that works well I would really appreciate the info. Thanks.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-22-2009, 07:34 PM   #2

I am thinking that I may have to invest in a smaller gun for concealment and use my 4046 in the winter when it can be covered by cloths.

Old 02-22-2009, 08:24 PM   #3

Liked 5 Times on 3 Posts

Sounds like your solving your problem just fine. We gave you a couple of options for IWB holsters, though. Why don't you just get one. I know the options you have aren't the best custom fit leather holsters. But who cares how flashy it is or weather its made of alligator skin or not. Your concealing it! Just as long as its comfortable and it works. The BG certainly isn't going to care what make and material your holster is.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

Old 02-22-2009, 08:34 PM   #4

dnthmn2004,
Yea I think I will just get one until I can purchase a better gun to carry. I don't care what it looks like which you mentioned the only real concern I have is will it be comfortable. I wish I could try them all on and then pick one. I will end up just buying one online and I won't be able to try it so I was hoping for any suggestion anyone had from experience. I checked all the local stores around here and they don't have a very good selection.

Old 03-04-2009, 04:46 AM   #5

I conceal carry a 4006 (same size, maybe a little heavier) and it i no problem in cold weather. I carry it IWB in a High Noon holster. When it gets warm and I go to shorts and T shirts, it has to stay in the house in the A/C and I go to a smaller carry piece.

Old 03-06-2009, 02:24 AM   #6
WDB

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

A full size pistol in a IWB will never be all that comfortable, just takes time to get use to it. I carry a S&W M&P 45 in a IWB Don Hume. it was the best I could find for fit but comfort is not great, I carry the M&P in a shoulder rig instead every chance I can as it is comfortable. The fact is you have to find the holster/holsters that will make easy enough so you take it with you every day.