diy bersa thunder 9mm/.40 cal trigger job

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > diy bersa thunder 9mm/.40 cal trigger job

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-25-2010, 07:05 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default diy bersa thunder 9mm/.40 cal trigger job

just finished taking apart my bersa thunder 9mm pro completely for the first time and did a trigger job i will be posting a step by step process with pics of how and what i did i will also be posting the diff in the da/sa trigger pulls. but i can tell you right now that it is a huge difference. so this is what i did first and the easiest thing to do is i cut four coils out of the hammer spring making the da pull a couple lbs less. second i polished and stoned my sear and hammer. third i pulled the magzine release out because it was very stick and i put some polishing compound inside of it and worked it back and forth that made it very nice and smooth. fourth i polished the ramp and chamber with my dremel, polishing wheel and polishing compound. the reason i did the mag release is because i practice a lot with my guns and i have 1500 rounds through the bersa already and it still was very sticky so figured it would never get better. hopefully i can get the pics up in a couple of days.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 10-27-2010, 01:49 AM   #2

chad,
Looking forward to your post. I do not have any problems with my Thunder 9 but some judicious tinkering may be in order.

Old 10-27-2010, 03:27 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by tekarra View Post
chad,
Looking forward to your post. I do not have any problems with my Thunder 9 but some judicious tinkering may be in order.
i know what you mean man i love the gun and it has a great single action trigger but the dubble is very heavy and long and it is always fun to take down your gun and put it back together also it helped with some very well diserved clean that my gun needed loli will get it up soon