Diamondback DB9 worst gun ever.
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Diamondback DB9 worst gun ever.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-25-2012, 11:42 PM   #1
dax
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Diamondback DB9 worst gun ever.

Few months ago purchased a DB9. Size was a factor. However, the fact that the gun shop owner's wife cc a DB9 and therefore a knowledgeable guy trusted the life of his wkife to a DB9 was reassuring. Famous last words. My DB9 would jam, fail to load, fail to eject, you name it. The gun shop and gunsmith tested it, polished ramp, this and that, way over 300 rounds through it to no avail. They agreed to replace the DB9 with a Sig Sauer P290 and I could not be happier. Time passed and I got the inside story. Turns out the gun shop had purchased 30 DB9's. It was a major headache for the gun shop as DB9 failures were the norm rather than the excemption. Inclusive, his wifes DB9 fell apart while at te range. She is back to cc her H&K. The 30 DB9's were a nightmare. Out of curiosity I checked the forums, YouTube and the DB9 forum itself. There is plenty information out there about hiw worthless the DB9 is.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 04-25-2012, 11:46 PM   #2

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Glad to hear you figured this out before something bad could of happened. And now more people can know that it's an unreliable gun and should not be purchased.

Old 04-26-2012, 02:11 AM   #3

Liked 7 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 4

That's a shame. They are neat little guns, look just like a mini-Glock. I checked into the DB380 last year & found stories of the same sort of reliability issues with it. Hopefully someday they'll get the bugs out...

Old 04-26-2012, 02:52 AM   #4

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts

Never trust what the shop owner gives his wife...do your homework before spending your $...I see after the purchase you did your research. I'd trust Sig with my life; diamonds are worthless, but some folks love'm.

Old 04-26-2012, 02:23 PM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 280 Times on 216 Posts
Likes Given: 125

Quote:
Originally Posted by G23LCPK45 View Post
Never trust what the shop owner gives his wife...m.
Agree, he might want her "gone" and chose a faulty gun on purpose. Some people have no moral compass.

If he takes out Life insurance and then gives you DB9 - things that make you go Hmmmmm ??? ()

Old 04-26-2012, 09:05 PM   #6

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by dax View Post
Few months ago purchased a DB9. Size was a factor. However, the fact that the gun shop owner's wife cc a DB9 and therefore a knowledgeable guy trusted the life of his wkife to a DB9 was reassuring. Famous last words. My DB9 would jam, fail to load, fail to eject, you name it. The gun shop and gunsmith tested it, polished ramp, this and that, way over 300 rounds through it to no avail. They agreed to replace the DB9 with a Sig Sauer P290 and I could not be happier. Time passed and I got the inside story. Turns out the gun shop had purchased 30 DB9's. It was a major headache for the gun shop as DB9 failures were the norm rather than the excemption. Inclusive, his wifes DB9 fell apart while at te range. She is back to cc her H&K. The 30 DB9's were a nightmare. Out of curiosity I checked the forums, YouTube and the DB9 forum itself. There is plenty information out there about hiw worthless the DB9 is.
Should have gone with the Aston

Old 05-06-2012, 04:31 AM   #7

Love my DB9, not a single problem with it and hundreds of rounds. It's a well made gun.

Old 05-06-2012, 08:33 AM   #8

Like mine to. Always keep it in my pocket. Had a few stove pipe when first shooting it but since adjusting my shooting for such a small gun has worked flawless

Old 05-06-2012, 09:31 AM   #9
AZL

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Hate to say it fellers...but I have found the PERFECT compact single stack 9mm. Bear in mind, this is after owning: Khar, Ruger, Khar (yes, been through a couple of them)....the best of the entire bunch has been the Taurus PT 709 Slim. I tried one a student brought to one of my classes. Then I bought one...after about 1000 rounds with not a single malf of any kind, I purchased another one. It has pretty much replaced my J-Frame Airweight as my pockt/BUG gun. It has a Glock like trigger, very accurate (dead on at 15 yards), and has gobbled up every kind of funky ammo I have stuck into it. It even feeds the old CCI Lawman 90 gr 9mm which was notorious for FTF issues.

Let's face it, and I am the first to admit, I am a gun snob, but the Taurus Model 85 snubbies, and the PT709 Slim have earned a place in my arsenal, and I am a hard sonofabitch to please.

Sorry to hear about your bad experience with the DB9....I tried a DB380 and didn't like it at all.

Surprize me...hose out your mangina, quit whining and actually DO something.

Old 05-07-2012, 06:47 AM   #10

Liked 38 Times on 26 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZL
Hate to say it fellers...but I have found the PERFECT compact single stack 9mm. Bear in mind, this is after owning: Khar, Ruger, Khar (yes, been through a couple of them)....the best of the entire bunch has been the Taurus PT 709 Slim...

Let's face it, and I am the first to admit, I am a gun snob, but the Taurus Model 85 snubbies, and the PT709 Slim have earned a place in my arsenal, and I am a hard sonofabitch to please.

I've owned two Tauruses in my life and I hope never to own another. Both were major dissapointments. I sold them both and don't miss them a bit.